Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I believe it doesn’t bolt up properly, could be wrong though. Interesting data in that PDF, especially about the high pressure line restricting flow.

OP
OP
GraphiteAZ

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I believe it doesn’t bolt up properly, could be wrong though. Interesting data in that PDF, especially about the high pressure line restricting flow.
So according to Hondata, all we need is a nicer high pressure fuel line and fuel pressure is more consistent on a 420WHP car.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So according to Hondata, all we need is a nicer high pressure fuel line and fuel pressure is more consistent on a 420WHP car.
Yeah, that’s particularly interesting because I’ve noticed fuel pressures being affected by ethanol content despite duty being OK and I guess this is why. I wasn’t aware the high pressure line was a restriction. I’ll need to add some of this data to the wiki. The bit about the injectors misfiring after 40% duty was also news to me. Seems the full kit really is necessary.

OP
OP
GraphiteAZ

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yeah, that’s particularly interesting because I’ve noticed fuel pressures being affected by ethanol content despite duty being OK and I guess this is why. I wasn’t aware the high pressure line was a restriction. I’ll need to add some of this data to the wiki. The bit about the injectors misfiring after 40% duty was also news to me. Seems the full kit really is necessary.
So the next question now remains: will Hondata sell just that fuel line?

@Hondata able to answer?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So the next question now remains: will Hondata sell just that fuel line?

@Hondata able to answer?
I would hope so since it would go well with the xdi kit. Now I wonder what Luke did for this.

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Very interesting, especially since the Accord pump is like 500 bucks - if there was a way to bolt it up and run it, it sure would make a good alternative to a full fuel system upgrade, maybe not to support more power overall but to give better sustainability to cars running near the stock pump limit.

The bit about the injectors misfiring after 40% duty was also news to me.
I think this is specific to most DI systems - the injectors cannot remain open too long because injection needs to complete during the current stroke.

OP
OP
GraphiteAZ

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Very interesting, especially since the Accord pump is like 500 bucks - if there was a way to bolt it up and run it, it sure would make a good alternative to a full fuel system upgrade, maybe not to support more power overall but to give better sustainability to cars running near the stock pump limit.

I think this is specific to most DI systems - the injectors cannot remain open too long because injection needs to complete during the current stroke.
So at this point we know how to replicate the Hondata low-pressure pump. It's just a cheap Alibaba pump. They MIGHT sell their hard lines, which would be cool, and we know how to get the larger ford injectors.

All that leaves is a new HPFP.

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
So at this point we know how to replicate the Hondata low-pressure pump. It's just a cheap Alibaba pump. They MIGHT sell their hard lines, which would be cool, and we know how to get the larger ford injectors.

All that leaves is a new HPFP.
Do you have a link for the said LPFP?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
From my understanding the in tank pumps are basically universal plug and play. The HPFP, however, must be designed for the individual engine and camshaft. Even if the Accord pump bolted up, it’s unlikely the cam lobes driving it have the same shape and so it wouldn’t work correctly at all. The ECU uses the crankshaft position sensor to determine the pump piston travel and when to energize the solenoid.

Even if Hondata adjusted the ECU’s parameters, the pump piston itself still would not have the correct travel distance because it’s entirely mechanically driven.

But who knows, maybe the pump cam lobes are the same.

OP
OP
GraphiteAZ

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
From my understanding the in tank pumps are basically universal plug and play. The HPFP, however, must be designed for the individual engine and camshaft. Even if the Accord pump bolted up, it’s unlikely the cam lobes driving it have the same shape and so it wouldn’t work correctly at all. The ECU uses the crankshaft position sensor to determine the pump piston travel and when to energize the solenoid.

Even if Hondata adjusted the ECU’s parameters, the pump piston itself still would not have the correct travel distance because it’s entirely mechanically driven.

So that comes to the next question - what is the Hondata HPFP? Isn't it just a corvette pump retrofitted?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
they dont post data where the low pressure pump actually runs. 75psi under boost and 83 at idle low fuel load.

i dont know the inner workigns, but the pump is a duty cycle driven.. like a cam angle solenoid.. you put the accord pump on the type r cam, its probably just a little higher lift.

Last edited:

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i dont know the inner workigns, but the pump is a duty cycle driven.. like a cam angle solenoid.. you put the accord pump on the type r cam, its probably just a little higher lift.
https://fk8.wiki/High_Pressure_Fuel_Pump

Yeah, the issue is the cams on the Type R won’t drive the piston far enough if it has a longer travel and not just a wider cylinder. The ECU can’t fix this. But, it might be the same cam lobes and travel distance. If so it would work.
Sponsored