Has anyone removed the plastic mesh in front of the intercooler?

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Thinking about removing or cutting out the plastic mesh that's in front of the intercooler (Red in pic)
Wondering what it would look like? Please post pics if you've done it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone removed the plastic mesh in front of the intercooler? Screenshot_20181209-065910
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Several have done it. One thing to remember is that it greatly increase the chances of your intercooler getting damaged from rocks, etc.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Several have done it. One thing to remember is that it greatly increase the chances of your intercooler getting damaged from rocks, etc.
Those holes are massive. Those would have to be some giant rocks lol

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Is it removable or do I need to carefully cut it out? Planning on looking at it closer on Saturday.

Side note I'm making my own intercooler. Ill be ordering a core in 2 weeks and going to make end tank pieces and Tig it up myself. Ultimately thats why I want to remove that for more room to party!

Last edited:

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Is it removable or do I need to carefully cut it out? Planning on looking at it closer on Saturday.

Side note I'm making my own intercooler. Ill be ordering a core in 2 weeks and going to make end tank pieces and Tig it up myself. Ultimately why I want to remove that for more room for a wider core.
I believe you have to cut the bottom portion, but don’t quote me on it.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Side note I'm making my own intercooler. Ill be ordering a core in 2 weeks and going to make end tank pieces and Tig it up myself. Ultimately thats why I want to remove that for more room to party!
you have to cut it out. somebody on the forums has already down it but im sure that post is buried

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe you have to cut the bottom portion, but don’t quote me on it.
you have to cut it out. somebody on the forums has already down it but im sure that post is buried
Not really, it depends on what trim you got.

You can simply remove the grill if you are having the Sport that comes with those little lip on each side. For normal hatchback and Si, that piece is molded in one piece.

I won't do that because the structure of the bumper will be compromised. The bumper cover itself is a soft floppy piece of plastic if you ever hold one, it gets its structural support in a solid piece when the nose grill, fog grills and the center grill are put together.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone removed the plastic mesh in front of the intercooler? resource

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Not really, it depends on what trim you got.

You can simply remove the grill if you are having the Sport that comes with those little lip on each side. For normal hatchback and Si, that piece is molded in one piece.

I won't do that because the structure of the bumper will be compromised. The bumper cover itself is a soft floppy piece of plastic if you ever hold one, it gets its structural support in a solid piece when the nose grill, fog grills and the center grill are put together.

resource.png
Could always run a splitter to strengthen it. I just put on my APR carbon splitter, debated on doing the grill delete. But don’t wanna ruin the PRL intercooler.

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
has anyone done this, what is the best method?
Sponsored