Has anyone put Yellow LED fog light bulbs in

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I did a search on here and came up with a lot of yellow fog lights which include the housing. Has anyone just replaced the fog bulbs with Yellow LED fog bulbs? I do not need the housing just want to replace the bulbs with no problems such as blowing a fuse or a light out indicator.Will I need resistors or anything to prevent a fail? If you have done so could you please provide a link,these will be for a 18 civic SI Coupe. Thanks!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Not much of a choice for LED bulbs out there so I went with Lamin-x Protective Film and that will get me the yellow fogs that I want.

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I have yellow laminix as well as Nokya Hyper Yellow fog light bulbs (35W h8). Very nice & yellow that is not green at all.

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I got the Lamin-x Protective Film in Yellow today and it looks great. Much easier and cheaper than going with the bulbs.

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can always add the bulbs later.... for more yellow!

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spec D fog lights with yellow lens.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone put Yellow LED fog light bulbs in _20180910_033117.JPG

Aachan510

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the tint first and just recently did the nokya Amber bulbs. Makes the output really yellow. Looks much better now than just the tint. Tint looked good in daytime but at night with light on didn't look as yellow.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone put Yellow LED fog light bulbs in 20180922_081914

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea I agree that's why I vote for tint plus yellow bulbs so it looks good at day and night!

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Last edited:

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got the Lamin-x Protective Film in Yellow today and it looks great. Much easier and cheaper than going with the bulbs.
How was installation i got them but haven't install them . What do you do with the tabs they come with? Did you cut them?

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
How was installation i got them but haven't install them . What do you do with the tabs they come with? Did you cut them?
It was very easy. The glue on the tint does not stick immediately, it gives you time to pull off and adjust. What I did was get it as even as I could and then from the center using my thumb go in a circular motion from the center out to the edges and you can work out any air bubbles and if you need to pull the tint off it won’t stick to the point where you can’t get it off if you need to make an adjustment. Once you have it fitted correctly yes, you do cut the tabs are either with a pair of scissors which is tight or if you have a razor that works much better. It took me between five and 10 minutes to do the install.

Last edited:

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
I put an Aliexpress switchback set in. They change every time I turn the car on though. Wish thay started white all the time and only switch to yellow when I cycle the switch. They don’t look bad but they’re not super bright.
Sponsored