Has anyone put a remote starter in there SI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I was doing some searching on the Internet and found remote starters available for the civic SI. The market has introduced a lot of varieties for the manual transmission. They do require you follow certain procedures to make sure your car is in neutral and the emergency brake is on as safety precautions. I even had ones where you can use your smart phone to start your car. I’m just wondering if anyone has installed one of these or any type of remote starter because of the manual transmission and the possibility of starting it while it in gear. They all had safety precautions that will not let the car do it but I like the walk away auto lock feature on my car and I don’t know if that would interfere with steps you have to take to make sure the cars properly set to use the remote starter. It gets pretty cold where I live and every automatic transmission car and I owned in the past 15 years have had remote starters installed and it’s nice to go out to a car that’s warmed up both inside and the engine has warmed up also. Thanks for any input if you had done this !
Sponsored

Last edited:

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Compustar is a really good option for manual transmission remote starters. The hassle is much less than a Directed Electronics system (viper clifford python).

Also, unless you're prepared for additional costs, don't get one that you can start with your phone. The module operates on 3g which means you have to pay for service for that piece to work. It's about $120 a year extra just to use your phone.

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Mine is not an Si, I have the Hatchback Sport in 6MT. I had the Viper 4806V. Put trans in manual, parking brake on, turn on remote start, get out of the car with it still running. Lock doors using Viper remote. Car will turn off then lock the doors. Car will now be ready to be remote started.

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Just got back from the stereo and accessories shop and set up an appointment for Monday. $399,no cutting wires and it uses the factory key fob and has a lifetime warranty. Works the same as mentioned in the post above with the exception of having to lock the doors.I have the auto locking doors that lock when I get 6' away from the car so I just get out and walk away.

Ladyluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Mine is not an Si, I have the Hatchback Sport in 6MT. I had the Viper 4806V. Put trans in manual, parking brake on, turn on remote start, get out of the car with it still running. Lock doors using Viper remote. Car will turn off then lock the doors. Car will now be ready to be remote started.
I had no idea that the US versions didnt come with car starters, bummer.

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I had no idea that the US versions didnt come with car starters, bummer.
Not on the SI because it only comes with a 6 speed manual transmission. No automatics.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Just got back from the stereo and accessories shop and set up an appointment for Monday. $399,no cutting wires and it uses the factory key fob and has a lifetime warranty. Works the same as mentioned in the post above with the exception of having to lock the doors.I have the auto locking doors that lock when I get 6' away from the car so I just get out and walk away.
Awesome stuff. I was quoted the same from the guy I know at the local Best Buy Geek Squad.

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Awesome stuff. I was quoted the same from the guy I know at the local Best Buy Geek Squad.
Sounds like the prices are within the fair market value

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I had one on my Ram, one of the best features to come out, I will be looking to install one on the Si also.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
How does it work using the OEM fob?

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
At 1st in was like, Honda didn't put remote start on the SI? Honda is so freaky cheap! Then I remembered that the SI is manual. Just be careful, I remember I had remote start on my 96 integra with a stick shift and I forgot that I left it in gear 1 time. Good thing the parking lot at school was empty or it would have smashed the vehicle in front of it

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I’m not exactly exactly sure how they do it but it some point today program the fob to work with the remote starter Yes

Last edited:

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
From what I was told, you lock the car three times from the facotry remote and that triggers the remote start.

There’s failsafes built into these remote starters today. With the sequence required to use aftermarket remote starters on these cars, there’s no way to accidentally start the car while it’s in gear. IIRC you have to push clutch in, press remote start, engage parking brake and then exit the vehicle. Once you lock it, the car shuts off and is ready to be remote started.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I should mention that last time I checked the firmware for most major remote start companies the take over procedure requires the vehicle to shut off when you get in. Essentially after remote starting and heading out to the vehicle the car will shut off when you open the door to get in. You have to then restart the vehicle to drive away.

OP
OP
BIGBLUESI

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I should mention that last time I checked the firmware for most major remote start companies the take over procedure requires the vehicle to shut off when you get in. Essentially after remote starting and heading out to the vehicle the car will shut off when you open the door to get in. You have to then restart the vehicle to drive away.
I checked with the shop that’s doing the install and they said that’s not the case with this. Push the lock button three times in your car starts then you get in and push the start button twice to the start mode and that will let you go on your way without having the car shut off. I made sure to ask them on the questiona before I made my decision.
Sponsored