Has anyone ordered a car?

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone has gotten a dealer to order the color that you wanted. It's not clear whether that is possible, but it seems that most other dealers allow this. I don't care if it takes months.
Sponsored

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone has gotten a dealer to order the color that you wanted. It's not clear whether that is possible, but it seems that most other dealers allow this. I don't care if it takes months.
I think you can't in the US.

Here I went to the dealer, had a test drive, ordered specifically what I wanted, then waited 3 months to get it :(

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2014 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you can't in the US.

Here I went to the dealer, had a test drive, ordered specifically what I wanted, then waited 3 months to get it :(
Correct. Don't let a Honda salesman tell you that you can order the color you want. Honda corporate allocates vehicles to the dealers in the US, basedon the dealer's sales. All they can do is tell you the color once it shows up on their next allocation .

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Don't let a Honda salesman tell you that you can order the color you want. Honda corporate allocates vehicles to the dealers in the US, basedon the dealer's sales. All they can do is tell you the color once it shows up on their next allocation .
This is true, but Honda dealers can trade inventory. It is possible for them to trade their next ordered car with dealer that has a different color. Talk to the sales manager about it.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
In the states, Honda doesn't do that. They will just do a dealer trade with another dealer to get the color you want if they don't have it.

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2014 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the states, Honda doesn't do that. They will just do a dealer trade with another dealer to get the color you want if they don't have it.
Although, if this is specifically for a Type R , unless the dealer that has the color you want is a sister dealership to who you are working with I doubt they would do a dealer trade.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Although, if this is specifically for a Type R , unless the dealer that has the color you want is a sister dealership to who you are working with I doubt they would do a dealer trade.
yeah. I was just talking in general though.

OP
OP

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Unfortunate, but good to know. If anyone from Honda reads this, I'd prefer to choose my car and wait, than trying to find just the right one at the right dealer for the right price!
Sponsored