1.5T Has anyone noticed the hood's air guide doesn't line up with the OEM intake?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I will not be using the stock airbox anymore, I will try to find a way to feed more cold air to the filter. The front of the car seems unlikely. I will try the FN2/fender solution!
The foglight will work but you will encounter a couple of bends in doing so. The same route as the PRL Cobra CAI. It won't be ram-air unfortunately but cold air, yes.
Sponsored

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The foglight will work but you will encounter a couple of bends in doing so. The same route as the PRL Cobra CAI. It won't be ram-air unfortunately but cold air, yes.
To be honest, I havent really looked into the CAI routing. I think there is space, but I am not quite certain about how the V chassis construction is compared to the civic. I ve seen a foto of an injen cai fitted on a V, so I guess there is room. When I remove the bumper for installing the intercooler, I ll weigh my options. Fact of the matter is that PRL are the only ones who provide a proper MAF housing, so I am bound to keep the SRI, plus it sounds epic. But cold air is most certainly needed. There is no chance I ll install the CAI even if it fits. Been there, done that. The cleaning process is way too time consuming plus I drive on areas that flood with more than 15 inches of water...

Reactions: Myx

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
After all my experimenting with intake setup I ended up wanting to connect where most go low and in the fender for colder air supply, I wanted to modify the cowl at the base of the windshield. Plenty of room and even louder in cabin turbo noises with a direct source of outside air ala conventional "ram air" system.

Basically I wanted to make a new lid and connect a feeder hose to the cowling where the wipers are. As opposed to conventional cold air intake from the fender/ fog light area.

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest after all my experimenting with intake setup I ended up wanting to connect where most go low and in the fender for colder air supply, I wanted to modify the cowl at the base of the windshield. Plenty of room and even louder in cabin turbo noises with a direct source of outside air ala conventional "ram air" system.

Basically I wanted to make a new lid and connect a feeder hose to the cowling where the wipers are. As opposed to conventional cold air intake from the fender/ fog light area.
GruppeM did that for their Type-R EP3 intake(EUDM/JDM). It was and still is one of the best intakes available for the EP3.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone noticed the hood's air guide doesn't line up with the OEM intake? $_86

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone noticed the hood's air guide doesn't line up with the OEM intake? FR-0505_1024x

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest after all my experimenting with intake setup I ended up wanting to connect where most go low and in the fender for colder air supply, I wanted to modify the cowl at the base of the windshield. Plenty of room and even louder in cabin turbo noises with a direct source of outside air ala conventional "ram air" system.

What are you waiting for? This would be cool (pun intended) to see. :)

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Maybe some time. Not been feeling modding this one. Just enjoying my 20 for why I bought it and supporting my local tuned cars ive been working with.

My Buick and Talon are getting alot of love this year. Im ready to be back in my 500 horse while barely huffing turbo cars lol.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe some time. Not been feeling modding this one. Just enjoying my 20 for why I bought it and supporting my local tuned cars ive been working with.

My Buick and Talon are getting alot of love this year. Im ready to be back in my 500 horse while barely huffing turbo cars lol.
Smart move! I actually purchased this Civic alongside my wife getting hers, just to show support for her first car purchase. Traded my Honda Fit to reduce her payments. I had no intentions on even purchasing this car, let alone modding. It was just a random chance.

Really only started modifying it to stick it to the manual guys and Type R folks. Just like getting under people's skin with supposedly faster cars. :p

The Buick GN and Talon are excellent choices. Especially the Talon since you can put all your power down without slicks. Love them cars.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This one still needed slicks o_O. 3 speed + overdrive auto and it was hazing all 4 street tires through a second gear roll until about 70mph.

Lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone noticed the hood's air guide doesn't line up with the OEM intake? FB_IMG_1566234767694

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This one needs a 28x10.5 Mickey pro radial to stick.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone noticed the hood's air guide doesn't line up with the OEM intake? FB_IMG_1568133743055

This is all it does on a street tire

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone noticed the hood's air guide doesn't line up with the OEM intake? Screenshot_20180711-092747_Video Player

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This one needs a 28x10.5 Mickey pro radial to stick.

FB_IMG_1568133743055.jpg

This is all it does on a street tire

Screenshot_20180711-092747_Video Player.jpg

Omg...this is awesome! Hahaha! Back in the day when I was an idiot (I'm still one but less so now), the only two cars that put a serious beatdown on my 1997 2.2tlr Automatic Subaru Outback Sport Wagon was a Mitsu Eclipse from a roll and a Buick Grand National from a dig. The Grand National had drag slicks on it so I should've known better. All I literally saw was dust coming right off idle, so I just let off the gas and accepted defeat. :rofl: I'll send you a video of the other Grand National I got my revenge on though. My nitrous bottle was losing pressure towards the end. I'll send u the video in PM if I can find it. :)
Sponsored