Has anyone installed underglow on the hatch sport?

Zerkom122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Ive been wanting to get underglow on my hatch sport but ive been trying to figure out how to mount it in the rear because of the center exhaust. Ive been looking at the opt7 kit as i have there interior kit as well.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Underbody lights are legal if you use colors like green purple white whatever and stay away from blue and red and flashing.

OP
OP
Zerkom122

Zerkom122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Underbody lights are legal if you use colors like green purple white whatever and stay away from blue and red and flashing.
Yup correct just gotta find a way to mount them

AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have underbody lights by the way xD. I don't use them tho. Maybe like once in a 5 meets or something because it doesn't have red ;(

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I have LED underbody lights, I drive around all the time with it, and have been seen by many cops.

No ticket or haven't been stopped yet. I usually have it on Blue or Yellow

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would love to have underglow lights but sadly the only color that would match my setup is red so cant have any :(

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an underglow kit myself, though I haven't taken the time to mount it. Some ideas I've read/come up with:
- Mount a few inches from the front/back/sides (probably on the frame itself) but facing kinda outward so it's seen, but no easily reached.
- Clean where you plan on applying your adhesive tap, making sure to clean the area thoroughly and let dry before applying tape. You can use a soggy soapy rag or sponge or something to get rid of dirt, road grime to allow proper adhesion.
- Make sure to use high quality adhesive tape (3M tape of 5-15lb strength is probably overkill but not a bad idea) and even zip-tie where you can to keep it attached securely.
- Use a fuse-taper and tap into a fuse in the fusebox. I've read you can go into the horn fuse (do our Civics have a fuse for the horn??) for constant power, or into a controlled fuse (radio or running lights) so it'll only work when the car is running.
- If you don't have long enough cable to reach the fusebox, take some CAT5 cable and cut the cable running to the fuse, splice the stock cable into the CAT5 and take care to cover the exposed wire with heatshrink and/or electrical tape, then tie back in at the other end where the fuse-tap is. Just make sure you match the individual strands of wire right on both ends.
- Last and honestly most important, obey all traffic laws where you live. I know a guy who had underglow / lighting in his truck's tire wells, and got in trouble one night for running red/blue lights. Was told to run nothing but white light, if anything at all. But county ordinance states he can run any color not associated with emergency services (white, green, orange, purple, etc).

Sorry for my essay but I hope someone benefits from this information. Doesn't take very long to install underglow if you know what you are doing/have a plan. I'll probably make a post on this once I do my kit and provide step-by-step for those who may want it.

Also, underglow shouldn't be considered "ricer". Underglow doesn't change anything to make a car seem faster or anything (unlike putting a Type-R replica spoiler on your LX FK7 - no shade, just saying). It's just a fun mod to add character to your car. Plus, at the end of the day who cares if it makes you happy? You do you man.
Sponsored