Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Most Si’s I’ve seen to my knowledge don’t come with Remote Start with the key fob from factory. Has anyone here installed or outsourced to add it? I’m curious to know if it’s something only a dealer can do or if it’s not even possible.
Sponsored

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
It’s possible but is not offered by the dealer. You have to get it from a third party retailer/shop.

They exist for manuals but it’s weird. In order to prevent someone from starting their car remotely while left parked in gear, a failsafe is put in place where when you shut off your car after parking it, the engine actually doesn’t turn off until you lock your doors after you get out to ensure it’s in neutral.

Call around to some local shops to see what it costs around you. Everywhere I called within 2 hours of me wanted at least $350 to install it.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
??????‍♀ that can’t be real. There had to be someone on that car. I think it was staged.
No, it's not real, someone is changing gears, you can hear it.
I just couldn't find a video where guy starts his STI in a garage.... now he needs new bumper

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, it's not real, someone is changing gears, you can hear it.
I just couldn't find a video where guy starts his STI in a garage.... now he needs new bumper
Yeah I saw that too. I was like no way this video can’t be real, especially when you hear the gears changing ??

Hemegonia

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi, yeah I installed remote start in my 2020 SI. I used a Fortin kit, came with a t-harness which made the wiring simple. The only wire that had to be manually spliced was a clutch wire.

The process to remote start is when you park, you leave it in neutral, engage park brake, release foot brake. This lets the car know that you are stopped. Exit the car, after closing the door the car knows you are now now not in it and not in gear so it can safely turn off. This is a safety feature that prevents you remote starting it in gear.

The install is easy if you are comfortable taking trim pieces off, hardest parts was getting to the bcm, it’s tucked way up in there behind the fuse panel.
Let me know if you have questions, the whole thing cost me $200? Maybe $250? self installed.

OP
OP
Phillyp17

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi, yeah I installed remote start in my 2020 SI. I used a Fortin kit, came with a t-harness which made the wiring simple. The only wire that had to be manually spliced was a clutch wire.

The process to remote start is when you park, you leave it in neutral, engage park brake, release foot brake. This lets the car know that you are stopped. Exit the car, after closing the door the car knows you are now now not in it and not in gear so it can safely turn off. This is a safety feature that prevents you remote starting it in gear.

The install is easy if you are comfortable taking trim pieces off, hardest parts was getting to the bcm, it’s tucked way up in there behind the fuse panel.
Let me know if you have questions, the whole thing cost me $200? Maybe $250? self installed.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll be looking more into it!

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have fortin for the module and viper for my mobile app. Viper supports manuals now so I would recommend them over any others. The fortin Harnesses aren’t the best, had to hook mine up manually because the harness was bad.

Don’t let people fear monger you. People have been usual remote start on manuals for a long time just don’t install it wrong and the car can’t turn on in gear.

I’ve had mine for a year now on my Type R.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
lol that vette video isn't real, the car doesn't start moving right when the starter engages, the error chirp on that viper unit means he is not in range of the car it belongs to, and IIRC the pts ignition in that car wasn't cracked at the time of filming.

If the proper unit is installed correctly, there is no need to worry about anything. I have a viper DS4 in my 2020 Si. Works great and since I used the correct t-harness and firmware, it doesn't shutdown when I open the door to drive it :)
Sponsored