Has anyone installed lane watch for US-CTR?

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lane Watch is dope. I had it on my 2015 ex and honestly it took me a while to get used to not having it on the R. But then again you can get wide side mirrors and is almost the same. Kind of. ??‍♂?
my gf parents have it in their SUVs to each their own but when I was driving it I just used the mirrors.

I think it’s like the backup camera it’s cool to have but I still use the mirrors.
Sponsored

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Never know, it might come out in the nex gen type R. Kinda like HondaSense on the 2020.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Came here to find out how to have the lane watch back and now I leave sad knowing is a clusterfu*k. :dunno:
I miss my hatchback already.
Because.....of lane watch? lol Maybe go find a heavy luxury focused car with those and other amenities then - missing any car over a Type R when you have one just feels odd to me.

Crystax

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Thank you for solving the mystery of why some youtube videos seemed to have it while mine does not. So sad it was not included on the type R. It is literally my favorite feature on my 2018 HRV and I wish every car had it...

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I haven't driven a Honda with LaneWatch, but I can't imagine it not annoying me when the cam comes on every time I right-signal. If I were to mod, I think I would try to emulate the blind spot monitoring system the EDM CTR has instead and have the BSM indicators in the side mirrors come on (which works for both sides) whenever a car is within range.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I haven't driven a Honda with LaneWatch, but I can't imagine it not annoying me when the cam comes on every time I right-signal. If I were to mod, I think I would try to emulate the blind spot monitoring system the EDM CTR has instead and have the BSM indicators in the side mirrors come on (which works for both sides) whenever a car is within range.
You can change it to only activate when you press the button. Only problem I'd have with it is messing with tunerviewer's bluetooth connectivity.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Guy here in NC retrofitted Lanewatch into his R.

Youtube Vid
I searched earlier for 'how to make my cool car less cool and more annoying' and didn't locate? Thanks for posting the direct link!!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag