Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From the research I have done so far I will need a letter of compliance from Acura stating that the vehicle complies with all vehicle safety regulations etc. but is that after I purchase it or can I request that information prior to purchase?

I also read that NAFTA countries don't pay any fees importing personal vehicles into each other.
I'm just looking for any tips or resources for those that have already gone through the process.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If there isn't a version of the car in the US then you're out of luck so far as I know. Don't know why you would want to though as it looks exactly like an 8th gen Civic.

OP
OP
svffr

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If there isn't a version of the car in the US then you're out of luck so far as I know. Don't know why you would want to though as it looks exactly like an 8th gen Civic.
It can be done, I was just looking for any further knowledge or tips from people who have done it so I have no surprises at the border.

I wouldn't say they look exactly the same, the styling is very much different and resembles more the Japanese counterpart which I prefer over the USDM style. The CSX Type S and Si do share the same motor though.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Dig through the 8thcivic forums. I know people have done it, and I recall people talking about it.

You need the letter and I forget if you need to make any modifications to the car. Does the CSX tach also switch between miles and KM like the 8th?

I'd hope you are planning on bring down a CSX-S not not just a CSX.

The CSX are FD's like Japan and not FA's like the NA civics. Appearance wise, they are closer to Japanese cars (different bumpers, hood, head & tail lights, wheels, etc)

OP
OP
svffr

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dig through the 8thcivic forums. I know people have done it, and I recall people talking about it.

You need the letter and I forget if you need to make any modifications to the car. Does the CSX tach also switch between miles and KM like the 8th?

I'd hope you are planning on bring down a CSX-S not not just a CSX.

The CSX are FD's like Japan and not FA's like the NA civics. Appearance wise, they are closer to Japanese cars (different bumpers, hood, head & tail lights, wheels, etc)
I plan on bringing down a Type S.
Not sure if the tach changes to miles but I can check on that. I'll dig through the forums. Thanks!