Has anyone had the TSB updates done before the issues started?

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All,

I'm bringing my Touring in for service to my dealer on Thursday to have the automatic wipers fixed. I love this car but they really don't work very well at all. When I called to make the appointment, the service tech was not aware of any issues [perhaps there should be a TSB for the wipers!]. I told him what I learned from the forum and the internet and he told me to bring it in and they would check it out.

While I'm there, I hope to get the audio update [TSB-022] done as well as the turbo surge [TSB-028].

I've had multiple issues just like most everyone else with the audio, but I'm not quite sure that I've experienced the turbo surge [although sometimes the rpms fluctuate at highway speeds, but not dramatically]. I'm hoping that the dealer can perform the updates while my car is there [they also agreed to give me loaner car so they can keep the car for a few days if necessary]. Great dealer by the way, Honda of Princeton here in NJ! I'm also on my 6th Honda with them over the years and they've always treated me fairly.

So I was wondering if anyone has had the TSB updates done without actually experiencing the issues and if so, did the updates make an improvement with the audio and CVT or did things get worse? I don't want to go from the frying pan the the fire! I've already told the service department that these issues are random and not alway easy to duplicate.

Thanks for your advice!
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All,

I'm bringing my Touring in for service to my dealer on Thursday to have the automatic wipers fixed. I love this car but they really don't work very well at all. When I called to make the appointment, the service tech was not aware of any issues [perhaps there should be a TSB for the wipers!]. I told him what I learned from the forum and the internet and he told me to bring it in and they would check it out.

While I'm there, I hope to get the audio update [TSB-022] done as well as the turbo surge [TSB-028].

I've had multiple issues just like most everyone else with the audio, but I'm not quite sure that I've experienced the turbo surge [although sometimes the rpms fluctuate at highway speeds, but not dramatically]. I'm hoping that the dealer can perform the updates while my car is there [they also agreed to give me loaner car so they can keep the car for a few days if necessary]. Great dealer by the way, Honda of Princeton here in NJ! I'm also on my 6th Honda with them over the years and they've always treated me fairly.

So I was wondering if anyone has had the TSB updates done without actually experiencing the issues and if so, did the updates make an improvement with the audio and CVT or did things get worse? I don't want to go from the frying pan the the fire! I've already told the service department that these issues are random and not alway easy to duplicate.

Thanks for your advice!
If you go to a busy service department, they may just go ahead and do the TSB rather than questioning it since its only warranty work and the tech gets paid for only .2 of an hour.

I can post my repair order when I get home from work if it'll help.

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the surge TSB applied. I definitely did not have the extreme surging that some described but it would fluctuate RPM just a little bit and seem twitchy at highway speeds - almost like the car felt like it was in windy conditions.... really weird. The Tech took it for a ride and said he could not reproduce the problem but did perform the update anyway. The update seems to resolve the minor behavior I had noted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hondamitch51

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the surge TSB applied. I definitely did not have the extreme surging that some described but it would fluctuate RPM just a little but and seem twitching at highway speeds. The update seems to resolve the minor behavior I had noted.
Thanks! That's great info! I think I have the same problem and hope that this update resolves my issue as well. I'm also hoping that they can fix my auto wipers and do the new audio update. Then I have the perfect car!
Sponsored