Has anyone had an issue where the steering wheel controls don't work?

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This is the second time it has happened to me. Once before having my sub installed and once today.

Turned the car on. Start driving and try to turn the volume up, change a song or anything like that and it doesn't work. I would just turned the car off/back on quickly at a red light and it's fine again.

Anyone here had this happen?
Sponsored

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
This is the second time it has happened to me. Once before having my sub installed and once today.

Turned the car on. Start driving and try to turn the volume up, change a song or anything like that and it doesn't work. I would just turned the car off/back on quickly at a red light and it's fine again.

Anyone here had this happen?
I noticed this happens to me if the disclaimer sign with the okay sign does not show up on the headunit. Usually clicking the home button on the headunit would bring it back up and fix the steering controls.

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed this happens to me if the disclaimer sign with the okay sign does not show up on the headunit. Usually clicking the home button on the headunit would bring it back up and fix the steering controls.
Good to know for next time thanks.

csouers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX CVT w/Sensing
Country flag
Yup. Start the car with the headunit "cold", then go into reverse. Wait 15 seconds and shift out of reverse. If you're on CarPlay (it's the only thing I use, so I'm not sure of the other modes), you'll have to hit menu to get volume control back at any capacity. The capacitive buttons on the headunit won't work either.

OP
OP

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup. Start the car with the headunit "cold", then go into reverse. Wait 15 seconds and shift out of reverse. If you're on CarPlay (it's the only thing I use, so I'm not sure of the other modes), you'll have to hit menu to get volume control back at any capacity. The capacitive buttons on the headunit won't work either.
Had it happen once and hitting home brought up the disclaimer. I'm guessing this is a known issue and hopefully gets fixed in the future.
Sponsored