Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option

samkim051984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option. Cant find it on the 2016 models.
Sponsored

jeff925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2014 Pilot Touring
Country flag
its a real hassle. its actually more distracting than the alternative. there must be a work around

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
i did not know that you couldn't even dial numbers haven't tried while driving. i'll look into it tonight but i do have to agree one time i was in my parents car helping them move some things and i went to change some settings for them while the car was driving (i was a passenger) and i couldn't even go into simple things on the touch pad. i do agree we should have a way to unlock it to an extent.

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I don't find it anything more than a minor annoyance. IT's about 5 seconds and it disappears on its own even if I don't press ok.

jeff925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2014 Pilot Touring
Country flag
its SUPER annoying the passenger cant type in an address while the car is in motion. if you are the highway and need to add a address you are screwed. and voice recognition is terrible.

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
its SUPER annoying the passenger cant type in an address while the car is in motion. if you are the highway and need to add a address you are screwed. and voice recognition is terrible.
Yea i have to agree fully i was driving my sister to the airport and i kept saying (Philadelphia international airport) and the car kept asking if i wanted to go to some remote town in ohio. I do not have any strong accent so i was getting a little irritated lol. Honestly i think the entire car needs a software update because it has a lot of glitches and needs some work other than that its a great car.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Yea i have to agree fully i was driving my sister to the airport and i kept saying (Philadelphia international airport) and the car kept asking if i wanted to go to some remote town in ohio. I do not have any strong accent so i was getting a little irritated lol. Honestly i think the entire car needs a software update because it has a lot of glitches and needs some work other than that its a great car.
At first I thought the VR sucked too but I realized I had to add the city and state to the requested location. I now am able to pull up my requested destination address on the first try. It works extremely well for me. Even obscure sounding street names are interpreted very well.

ptcvictor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EXL
Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option. Cant find it on the 2016 models.
I have a 2016 Pilot EXL. This worked for me.
Hold down green power button, menu button and brightness button all at the same time for 2 seconds.
If a menu does not pop up, try it again. You must hit all three at the same time.
When the two choice menu pops up, select "Detail Information and Setting"
When the next set of menus pops up, hit and hold the "Menu" button for about 5 seconds.
This will bring up the "Developer Diagnosis Top" menu.
Scroll down and click "Driver Distraction Setting"
Set it to "Off".
This will make all menus available when the car is running.

Sean2903

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I have a 2016 Pilot EXL. This worked for me.
Hold down green power button, menu button and brightness button all at the same time for 2 seconds.
If a menu does not pop up, try it again. You must hit all three at the same time.
When the two choice menu pops up, select "Detail Information and Setting"
When the next set of menus pops up, hit and hold the "Menu" button for about 5 seconds.
This will bring up the "Developer Diagnosis Top" menu.
Scroll down and click "Driver Distraction Setting"
Set it to "Off".
This will make all menus available when the car is running.

green power button?

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I found way to turn restricted operation mode off.
First I have 2016 civic ex North America.
hold power + bright and home to get diagnosis menu then choose diagnose bottom button and hold menu again till you will see another menu and choose vehicle model and then vehicle mode and you will see three mode I believe the one in the middle is our current the top one has the restricted mode the last one has fewer option. If you choose the first one it will asking you to reboot and then it need to lock the GPS make sure your car in free area then in the diagnosis menu that we got it in the first time you will function option and the. Other in the other u will find restricted operation on and u can change it to off...
Sorry for my English

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option 20170119_230649

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone found a way to Turn Off Operation Restriction Honda. The other models theres is an option 20170119_223721