Has anyone done business with vex motorsports?

Slammedfk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Hey everybody, wondering if anyone's done business with vex motorsports. I placed a order for a set of wheels a week from this past Friday and have had no shipping updates and can't get any answers through phone, voice mail, text, email, or Facebook.

Starting to get a bit irritated with not even being able to get a shipping date much less anyone to answer the phone after spending this much with them but I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and if this may be normal.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Slammedfk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
**UPDATE**. Decided to open a Paypal dispute after calling each line again. Within an hour I received an email response and a dispute response. ( See below)

" Sorry about that, we have been really busy and haven't been able to answer our phones. I will check what happened to your order, but we will make sure to get it out this week after we get back from christmas and will get you a tracking by friday. Thanks"

Thought I would keep you all updated in case anyone wants to buy from them they do not let the initial post scare them if all works out. I will update again when I get tracking.

OP
OP

Slammedfk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
***Update 2***

No response yesterday or today from VEX.

Sent another email this morning through Paypal dispute, no answer, no phone answers today still.

I escalated the case for Paypal to try to get my money back or something done. Could take up to 30 days to see a result. The actual wheel manufacturer offered me a discount to order directly through them (same as what I paid VEX but have to pay shipping which is no biggie), hopefully it will still be valid once all this is sorted out. At this point even if they do manage to ship my wheels I am sorry to say I WOULD NOT recommend Vex Motorsports to anyone.

OP
OP

Slammedfk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
its only been a week, relax,

most businesses are slow this time of year, and closed a few days for holidays,
We will see.

Last contact I had with them was from my personal email the day of the dispute saying there is no reason it should be taking this long and would be check on that day or yesterday. I can't see it being that hard to send a update even if it's explain a longer shipping time after a customer spends as much as I did but that's just me.

OP
OP

Slammedfk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Final update.

An hour after I escalated it I magically get a personal email from vex saying they see I escalated they will issue a refund and tell mfg not to ship.

After agreeing to that I called the mfg to be sure they had them in stock, they did, placed an order through them and have a shipping email and tracking not even 5 minutes after. (I did confirm this is from their order and not vex).

All I am waiting on is the original refund to process. It seems the whole issue is vex never doing what they had to to drop ship the wheels but anyways I have a set on the way directly from mfg and hopefully will have the original refund from vex soon.

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
It is the holidays and Iā€™m sure they just werenā€™t taking orders that seriously but anywhere Iā€™m spending a lot of money, I expect to receive some form of contact to make me feel good about my purchase. Especially these days where people scam, etc. I understand your frustration but also gotta understand itā€™s Xmas time and you should be a little more patient or just donā€™t order things this time of year (though Iā€™m sure itā€™s hard to resist Xmas/holiday sales).

happy new year! Letā€™s see the wheels

OP
OP

Slammedfk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
It is the holidays and Iā€™m sure they just werenā€™t taking orders that seriously but anywhere Iā€™m spending a lot of money, I expect to receive some form of contact to make me feel good about my purchase. Especially these days where people scam, etc. I understand your frustration but also gotta understand itā€™s Xmas time and you should be a little more patient or just donā€™t order things this time of year (though Iā€™m sure itā€™s hard to resist Xmas/holiday sales).

happy new year! Letā€™s see the wheels

I for sure understand that and I'm with you exactly. It was the communication issue that sparked the biggest issues with me, I have no issue waiting I just wanted to know what the status was.

Soon as them wheels come in I'll have pictures up on here asap.

Just got my air bag suspension installed so I'm itching to get them in mounted and on. It's gonna look great!
Sponsored