Has anyone deleted just the resonator(s) on their type R?

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone deleted just the resonator(s) on their type R? A8F6F496-E89A-4FAF-ADD0-61BD01D6AF27
Like many I’m looking for a bit more exhaust sound after having the car for less than a week. I’m worried the muffler delete will be too loud but can’t find any video clips of just a resonator delete. I did this on my golf R and it sounded great but that had active exhaust valves to reduce drone.

Otherwise I am loving this car!
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
A8F6F496-E89A-4FAF-ADD0-61BD01D6AF27.jpeg
Like many I’m looking for a bit more exhaust sound after having the car for less than a week. I’m worried the muffler delete will be too loud but can’t find any video clips of just a resonator delete. I did this on my golf R and it sounded great but that had active exhaust valves to reduce drone.

I got all resonators delete.
I love the sound, but i got also downpipe. If you have OEM downpipe the sounds is different and more quiet.

HBKEAZY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I got all resonators delete.
I love the sound, but i got also downpipe. If you have OEM downpipe the sounds is different and more quiet.
Do you have any videos?

A8F6F496-E89A-4FAF-ADD0-61BD01D6AF27.jpeg

I am planning to install one vibrant ultra quiet resonator in place of the oem mid resonator and go from there. Depending on the sound I might get rid of the other small resonator near the front pipe.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Do you have any videos?

I am planning to install one vibrant ultra quiet resonator in place of the oem mid resonator and go from there. Depending on the sound I might get rid of the other small resonator near the front pipe.
The first thing I did was remove the small front resonator and the center back resonator, the ending sound was a deep bass sound definitely louder than stock , and after a while I decided to remove the middle front large resonator because I were looking for louder and little scream sound, and yes! now is louder but not obnoxious launder, screams a little bit at high rpm and also deep bass, but remember I got GRP downpipe, without the downpipe the sound is muffler . The downpipe play an important role.

I will fine the samples after and before remove all the resonators.

tyebo5

Type R For Life!
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR ChampionshipWhite
Country flag
The first thing I did was remove the small front resonator and the center back resonator, the ending sound was a deep bass sound definitely louder than stock , and after a while I decided to remove the middle front large resonator because I were looking for louder and little scream sound, and yes! now is louder but not obnoxious launder, screams a little bit at high rpm and also deep bass, but remember I got GRP downpipe, without the downpipe the sound is muffler . The downpipe play an important role.

Hey, where did you get your GRP downpipe?

HBKEAZY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag

Sweet!

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
OP
OP

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Having a hard time deciding which of these options to do... or deleting the mufflers. I guess it should be reversible worst case scenario.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Yeah, I went to their website but all I see is the full exhaust with the downpipe for $2895. I also see the turbo blanket for it but no downpipe by itself.
Send a Private message to him, I got his cellphone number .

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Having a hard time deciding which of these options to do... or deleting the mufflers. I guess it should be reversible worst case scenario.
I think the cheapest way is the resonators, I spend $52 for remove the resonators. And sound? is just play and taste. All the resonators and muffler for the type R are strength pipe with holes (inside) is whole high flow exhaust.

OP
OP

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

I deleted just the large resonator, everything else is stock. It’s a nice increase in sound and tone, subtle but noticeable. No significant drone either.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

I deleted just the large resonator, everything else is stock. It’s a nice increase in sound and tone, subtle but noticeable. No significant drone either.

Sounds great!, In person sounds a lot better, (Whit headphones too) Nice!, Now you have a reference, you know if you keep removing resonator it tendency to be more loud and raspy like mine.
Sponsored