Has anyone bought this Type R spoiler for the Hatchback?

yungsevnth

First Name
Mateus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rebrand.ly
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
i believe he installed the one designed for the coupe...theres the sedan, coupe and hatchback versions of this style wing now.

i have the one for the coupe installed on mine and it shakes when you close the trunk and does shake a bit at high speeds but it still holds up fine

the issue is cause the middle portion of the wing is hollow which allows it to flex. if they reinforced the insides would probably reduce the shaking
Yes, I purchased the coupe version for my coupe. I agree, it needs to be reinforced somehow to reduce the amount of flex at high speeds and trunk shake. Have you come up with any ideas?
Sponsored

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I got my wing done a few weeks ago and it holds up pretty strong. I drive on a highway every day and I started to notice a wired thing. When I am alone on the highway, I mean when there are no cars in front or next to me, even if I cross 88 mph, the wing barely vibrates. But when there is a car ahead of me like 100 or 500 feets away, my wing does shakes and it is noticeable. This is happening every time when I am going 70+ mph...Is there any solution out there? I would really appreciate if someone could give me a suggestion or ideas..

Thanks..
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone bought this Type R spoiler for the Hatchback? Hatchback6.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone bought this Type R spoiler for the Hatchback? IMG_4950.JPG

Last edited:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just take it off sell it and go back to stock...way way way cleaner IMO........look hideous.......if car not drop to the bone.....

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I got my wing done a few weeks ago and it holds up pretty strong. I drive on a highway every day and I started to notice a wired thing. When I am alone on the highway, I mean when there are no cars in front or next to me, even if I cross 88 mph, the wing barely vibrates. But when there is a car ahead of me like 100 or 500 feets away, my wing does shakes and it is very noticeable. This is happening every time when I am going 70+ mph...Is there any solution out there? I would really appreciate if someone could give me a suggestion or ideas..

Thanks..
Hatchback6.JPG
IMG_4950.JPG
Looks real good man. Flows nicely with the rear of the car. Although it looks kind of funny to have 3 spoilers. Don't listen to the negative people not his forum. You don't need to get their approvals

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Looks real good man. Flows nicely with the rear of the car. Although it looks kind of funny to have 3 spoilers. Don't listen to the negative people not his forum. You don't need to get their approvals
Thanks, man!
I am thinking of taking out top spoiler and install fins and vortex generator similar to Type R

Last edited:

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Thanks, man!
I am thinking of taking out top spoiler and install fins and vortex generator similar to Type R
I have been searching for aftermarket fins but I have yet to find anything. I know showstoppers from Thailand has them but they are only sold as a set with the spoiler. You can get them from Honda but they are over $100 a piece. Yikes

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
my wing does shakes and it is very noticeable. This is happening every time when I am going 70+ mph...Is there any solution out there? I would really appreciate if someone could give me a suggestion or ideas..
It's the roof spoiler. It is throwing off the airflow. Get the CTR generators and it should fix your problem. This was stated by "showcasesticker" the person in Thailand that designed the replica wing. He sells his wings with the vortex generators already included due to the instability at highway streets.

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It's the roof spoiler. It is throwing off the airflow. Get the CTR generators and it should fix your problem. This was stated by "showcasesticker" the person in Thailand that designed the replica wing. He sells his wings with the vortex generators already included due to the instability at highway streets.
That makes sense. Thank you! I contacted a guy from showcasesticker and asked if he could sell fin & vortex generators separately but he said no:( I am hoping someone will put it on sale soon or maybe I might have to order from the dealer.

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have been searching for aftermarket fins but I have yet to find anything. I know showstoppers from Thailand has them but they are only sold as a set with the spoiler. You can get them from Honda but they are over $100 a piece. Yikes
Do you know the part number for fins? I couldn't find it on the honda website.

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Do you know the part number for fins? I couldn't find it on the honda website.
Good luck bro. They cost an arm and a leg from what I heard, if you want the OEM ones. I am surprised that no U.S. sellers have made replicas yet for the generators and the side roof garnish.

ERK5000

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
What are the measurements for the placement of the spoiler? I ordered one, it’s getting painted right now and plan to install myself.

FR32H OJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my wing done a few weeks ago and it holds up pretty strong. I drive on a highway every day and I started to notice a wired thing. When I am alone on the highway, I mean when there are no cars in front or next to me, even if I cross 88 mph, the wing barely vibrates. But when there is a car ahead of me like 100 or 500 feets away, my wing does shakes and it is noticeable. This is happening every time when I am going 70+ mph...Is there any solution out there? I would really appreciate if someone could give me a suggestion or ideas..

Thanks..
Hatchback6.JPG
IMG_4950.JPG
Not sure if you're still looking for a solution or not but mine shakes like crazy. Will be adding stabilizers to help.

This person has them on their car:
https://www.civicx.com/garage/10th-gen-tina.1283/
Sponsored