Has anyone been to the dealer for service during the pandemic?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to take my car into the dealer for them to look at two noises my car is making, and may as well get the oil and transmission fluid changed, but I wasn't sure how this works since you know, COVID-19.

I know service departments are open, but I somehow doubt being able to go inside the lobby like normal. I'm not sure if they would give out loaner cars just to keep people from having to go in or what. I'll probably call ahead sometime next week to see what the dealer near me is doing, since I'm in PA, and the lockdown is still in place here in Bucks County.
Sponsored

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
I went the other day for an oil change and wiper blades, I will come back soon. After that, I let the car sit for a week without anyone sit inside. Now I have a valid reason to have it for me only ;)

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i took my ilx in for service. It had paint issues and they gave me a loaner no problem.
My dad's ILX has less paint issues than my CTR lol

Hopefully they give me a loaner, because every dealership visit has always taken 2 1/2 hours+ on average, even with an appointment. :rolleyes:

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
Oil change and State inspection a couple of weeks ago at Piazza in Springfield, PA. Make sure you have an appointment, as early in the day as possible. Plan for a little extra time on arrival to talk to the service adviser. The waiting was rearranged with chairs 6 feet apart but the showroom was open so I waited there. All techs wore masks and gloves. They put a plastic cover over my seat and steering wheel before they took it into the service bay. Service manager apologized many times for not having coffee and donuts (not important for me, but some people were upset).

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oil change and State inspection a couple of weeks ago at Piazza in Springfield, PA. Make sure you have an appointment, as early in the day as possible. Plan for a little extra time on arrival to talk to the service adviser. The waiting was rearranged with chairs 6 feet apart but the showroom was open so I waited there. All techs wore masks and gloves. They put a plastic cover over my seat and steering wheel before they took it into the service bay. Service manager apologized many times for not having coffee and donuts (not important for me, but some people were upset).
Are they expecting you to wear a mask now? Sitting around wearing that for hours sounds like torture TBH.

Did it seem any less busy than normal?

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
Are they expecting you to wear a mask now? Sitting around wearing that for hours sounds like torture TBH.

Did it seem any less busy than normal?
I had a mask on. I think that is required now. You can always wait outside if you get lucky with the weather. I didn't need a loaner since I could use their wifi to work while waiting. It was only about an hour. Definitely less busy but as I said the whole check in process might take a few extra minutes. Take your patience with you.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
My dad's ILX has less paint issues than my CTR lol

Hopefully they give me a loaner, because every dealership visit has always taken 2 1/2 hours+ on average, even with an appointment. :rolleyes:
i get it back tomorrow lol. they gave me a 2020 rdx as a loaner.
They really didn't have a choice to not give me a loaner since they had my car for like 2 weeks.

They did also offer me a shuttle so it's pretty much just like normal except you have to wear a mask. At least thats how it was here in cali. That was acura but I'd expect honda to be same also.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a mask on. I think that is required now. You can always wait outside if you get lucky with the weather. I didn't need a loaner since I could use their wifi to work while waiting. It was only about an hour. Definitely less busy but as I said the whole check in process might take a few extra minutes. Take your patience with you.
I've always had terrible speeds when trying to work from a dealer, so I generally just take a half day from work and leave to go to the dealer and bring an iPad to keep myself occupied. I think the lowest amount of time I spent at a dealer was 70 minutes, with the highest being over 3 1/2 hours. That was frustrating..

i get it back tomorrow lol. they gave me a 2020 rdx as a loaner.
They really didn't have a choice to not give me a loaner since they had my car for like 2 weeks.

They did also offer me a shuttle so it's pretty much just like normal except you have to wear a mask. At least thats how it was here in cali. That was acura but I'd expect honda to be same also.
Damn, must've been a big paint issue to keep your car for 2 weeks (or they just were backlogged). All the shuttle services dealers offer conveniently are just short enough to exclude where I live and I don't like going to places outside of parks to hang out, but that's dependent on the weather anyways.

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Dealer level is mostly business as usual. Social distancing, masks, wipe downs of touch points techs touch during service. Basics. Most dealers are less busy than usual, so now is a good time for servicing.
Sponsored