Has any CVT owner, has the CVT cooler installed?

Dank23

505Hatch
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am looking to purchase the CVT cooler from PRL.

If anyone has installed it, what are your thoughts and how long have you had it installed? Any problems?
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am looking to purchase the CVT cooler from PRL.

If anyone has installed it, what are your thoughts and how long have you had it installed? Any problems?
i do. i believe i had it installed the same time i did the PRL IC so around mid FEB if i remember. i can only compare to what it performed from before and after. before, after about 3-4 pulls you can tell the car is starting to heat soak bad because CVT's absolutly hates heat. with the cooler on, the power feels consistant for longer. even if you dont push your car hard it gives me peace of mind that i have it installed to prevent it from building up too much heat since it has no way of cooling itself onces it warms up.

if your planning to do the install yourself, then heres a few words of advice, RADIATOR HOSE PINCH CLAMPS!!!!!!! AND ALOT OF RAGS, LOL

OP
OP
Dank23

Dank23

505Hatch
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the info! Not so sure if I'll install it myself. But, definitely will make sure I'll get pinch clamps.

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
i do. i believe i had it installed the same time i did the PRL IC so around mid FEB if i remember. i can only compare to what it performed from before and after. before, after about 3-4 pulls you can tell the car is starting to heat soak bad because CVT's absolutly hates heat. with the cooler on, the power feels consistant for longer. even if you dont push your car hard it gives me peace of mind that i have it installed to prevent it from building up too much heat since it has no way of cooling itself onces it warms up.

if your planning to do the install yourself, then heres a few words of advice, RADIATOR HOSE PINCH CLAMPS!!!!!!! AND ALOT OF RAGS, LOL
How’s it held up? Would you change anything or go with a different one??

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag

Did you tune your car already when you installed those 2? How is the cooler now? Anything else to avoid I’ll have it done by good local shop all at once. Thanks

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag