Has an Si been timed at the Nürburgring yet?

trailbrake

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Aegean Blue 2002 SC430
Country flag
No good reason why Honda has not had a pro driver take the 10th gen SI around the Ring. None. Best chassis ever on a Honda. I recently - t yesterday - switched the factory all-seasons for Michelin Pilot 4S tires, and the cornering is significantly better. The handling was great already, but this is another class now with the new rubber. Tires matter. To be fair, I got 36,000 miles out of the Goodyears, and may get a tad less from the Michelins. Ask me if I care, lol.
Sponsored

Old George

First Name
Georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Many of you are wondering about the relative performance between the SI and the CTR.
As there is no SI in Europe, they cannot be compared on the Nurburing.
However, Car and Driver magasine has been comparing the performance of cars on
Virginia International raceway for several years.
It is a 4.1 mi circuit, very varied, which perfectly measures the capacities of the cars.
You will have all the details in the oct 2018 review. For those who can't get it,
I will give you some lap times:
SI stock : 3.14.6
CTR : 3.03.9
As an indication, here are some other data:
Accord 2.0T : 3.18.4
GTI ( 2015 ) : 3.19.0
BRZ ( Performance package ) : 3.19.3
BRZ TS (over 34000 US $ ) : 3.14.0
Mazdaspeed ( 2010 ) : 3.16.0
Golf R : 3.12.0
You must see that the SI is a top-class car. With some modifications like good tires, brake pads,
50 or 60 HP more, you can have an exceptional car by investing about 3000 us $ more.
You will not be very far behind the CTR.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dunno, I love my Si. But my Toyota 86 handles better in corners.
I would normally agree, but based on this post by @Old George... Im guessing the corner exit speed of an FF seem to have the advantage at Virginia international raceway.

Side note... I see you have the Type R sub frame brace from spoon. Iv heard it works wonders and iv been looking into the Rigid collors. Just not sure if the sub frame washers/bolts will match up with the Si's subframe. Would you happen to have insight if there is any difference from the CTR's subframe to the Si's?

Jeiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would normally agree, but based on this post by @Old George... Im guessing the corner exit speed of an FF seem to have the advantage at Virginia international raceway.

Side note... I see you have the Type R sub frame brace from spoon. Iv heard it works wonders and iv been looking into the Rigid collors. Just not sure if the sub frame washers/bolts will match up with the Si's subframe. Would you happen to have insight if there is any difference from the CTR's subframe to the Si's?
I don't have the spoon brace. It's the OEM type r brace. The si has the the threaded holes there. You just gotta buy the brace and 2 bolts. It's like $20 bucks. Youll notice a difference in the first corner you take. Feeling is tighter and car stays flatter.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have the spoon brace. It's the OEM type r brace. The si has the the threaded holes there. You just gotta buy the brace and 2 bolts. It's like $20 bucks. Youll notice a difference in the first corner you take. Feeling is tighter and car stays flatter.
Oh nice! hmmmm well if the subframe brace fits, seems like a good chance the rigid collars will. Fingers crossed! I'll def look into the Type R brace since the spoon stiff plate is like $900 lol Thanks for info :thumbsup:

Jeiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, it's still on the stock A/S tires. We'll see how things go when it gets warmer and I put some decent tires on. Couldn't help to get more "seat time" in the Si, I had the last car for 11 years so I knew the limits of that thing very well.
Tires make a world of difference. Some solid summer tires completely change the handling characteristics of this car for the better.
Sponsored