HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install

BobbyA

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (PRL Stage 1, Hondata FlashPro, PRL Flex Fuel e85, HardRace Rear Mount, Megan Racing Strut Bar) Wish List: PRL Catted Downpipe, Eibach Pro Springs Kit, Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk.
Country flag
Today I installed the HardRace 8722 Rear Mount. 100% Happy with the results. There is zero (0) NVH, and the shifting is so smooth now as compared to the factory mount, that it's amazing!! When the factory mount was there, I always had rough shifts in 1st and 2nd due to the slight rotational pull of the engine, that is all gone now. No more parasitic loss in HP either, at least from what was happening in that regard. Here are a couple pictures and I wanted to share that instead of removing all the fasteners from the rear plastic cover, I simply made a slit in the plastic, see pic with my finger pointing at it. This was enough to get some play and pull the rear bolt out of the mount, the rear bolt has a 17mm and the front has a 19mm head. The plastic cover is thick enough that this slit won't hurt anything. You do need to remove the aluminum bonnet, so you might as well plan for an oil change with this mod...

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG_0834.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG_0835.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG_0837.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG_0836.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG_0846.JPG

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Wonderful review! I have been searching for a RMM with as little NVH as possible and this looks like it will fit the bill!

Boostjuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great review, and good to know the Hardrace mount doesn't cause nvh. I have the 27Won mount and it's a nice piece but it vibrates the car quite a bit in a few rpm ranges.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have the 27Won mount and it's a nice piece but it vibrates the car quite a bit in a few rpm ranges.
Other than just upon initial acceleration ?

Boostjuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Other than just upon initial acceleration ?
Kind of, yea. I mean the most comes from 2-3k and the rest is fine really. Especially while cruising, it’s not bad at all. I actually enjoy it because it makes it feel like a race car lol. But not really in a bad way.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this! I’ve been eyeing up the HardRace mount because of its lower price and it’s less NVH potential. Thanks for making my mind up for me!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Kind of, yea. I mean the most comes from 2-3k and the rest is fine really. Especially while cruising, it’s not bad at all. I actually enjoy it because it makes it feel like a race car lol. But not really in a bad way.
That's weird to me. I feel like it would be more noticeable in the lower RPMs like during initial acceleration. That's how the Hasport mount works. I don't feel any added NVH above 1,500 RPM or so.

Boostjuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's weird to me. I feel like it would be more noticeable in the lower RPMs like during initial acceleration. That's how the Hasport mount works. I don't feel any added NVH above 1,500 RPM or so.
It is more noticeable in the lower rpm’s, I didn’t explain it well. Just meant that it’s pretty agressive since it only has one bushing which is 90a so you do feel it more than just low down.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks !I was also looking for a review for the hardrace mount .Still doubting between oem type R or hardrace since the hardrace mount is made from plastic and The more sportive Cars like the Si and Type R have The aluminium version.Makes me wonder if the plastic Will survive in The long run.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered the 27WON RMM and there was someone in the forum that had the Hasport mount and changed with this one. He said that it did get less NVH, but performance wise he feels that the Hasport mount was better as getting power to the ground. I will right my review on the 27WON and i know that I will have vibration, but when it comes to luxury or performance if you want both get a Bugatti lol

Lou_fc1

cbp.si
First Name
Fc1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I install the Hardrace rmm and the CTR subframe brace. But Hardrace rmm feel way better than the stock mount which I hated. The stock mount made it hard to shift smooth, at time embarrass when I have people in my car. The hardrace mount FIX all of that problem. And definitely a better throttle response. I agreed with @BobbyA there's zero NVH. I should have done this mod the first day I bought the car. 100% recommended for SI owners.

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install 20200131_222238

Voltario

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 1993 Mercedes 300TE
Country flag
Today I install the Hardrace rmm and the CTR subframe brace. But Hardrace rmm feel way better than the stock mount which I hated. The stock mount made it hard to shift smooth, at time embarrass when I have people in my car. The hardrace mount FIX all of that problem. And definitely a better throttle response. I agreed with @BobbyA there's zero NVH. I should have done this mod the first day I bought the car. 100% recommended for SI owners.

20200131_222238.jpg
Totally agree. I installed my Hardrace RMM last week and the driveability difference was immediately felt. It's so good now that I'm looking for reasons to leave the house because I enjoy driving the Si so much more now!

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK4 1.5 Turbo Hatchback
Country flag
Hello, I just installed this morning. I think increase vibration and noise. how long is break in/ broken in period? Confuse about back to stock or stay use Hasport 62A. sorry for my bad english. Thank you for your help / opinion.

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG-20200703-WA0036

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG-20200703-WA0042

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG-20200703-WA0045

Honda Civic 10th gen HardRace 8722 Rear Mount Install IMG-20200703-WA0040

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the Hardrace 8722 installed. It was installed while I was having engine work performed. I picked my car up today and drove it for the first time in months. I didn't feel any NVH. None! I haven't tested it with the A/C on though.

I honestly forgot they were installed until I was browsing the forums tonight and came around this RMM thread again. Car drives normal and quietly with no issues. I haven't floored the car to see how it impacts acceleration as I'm in the process of breaking the engine in but I can say that I didn't notice any vibration. Which kind of shocks me but I'm happy about it.