Hardest Decision - Blue, Red, or White?

What color do you prefer in the 2018 Coupe Si?

• Total voters

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
Well, it's official. I'm getting a 2018 coupe si, but I actually just can't decide on the colors. I love them all so much and can't make a decision. What is everyone else thinking the best color is? I'm thinking white will make it retain a higher value over time?
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are from Canada. White will also blend in better 10 months out of the year lol.

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a white coupe so that was my vote. Blue paint does not hold up well in Phoenix. That is my observation, at least. I see all sorts of newer (2010+) blue vehicles that have paint bubbling on the roof/hood and I feel so bad for the owners. Meanwhile, I have a white Honda Passport that is 18 years old with paint that is still going strong.

I know things are different in the great white north but you can't go wrong with pearl paint IMO.

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is ABM but, I voted white. If you are even slightly OCD about your paint being clean and free of swirl marks, don't get blue. You just need to look at it funny and you get swirl marks.o_O Always have to keep a cloth & bottle of Griots in the glove box!

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WOP for the win! Definitely thinks is best on the sedan...the coupe, I like several...Red is nice but I think the rear lamps blend too much w it. The blue is cool but a little trendy to me. WOP hides scratches and swirls very nicely...

LoneStarFlatLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I wanted the blue until the closest blue Si was in Houston. I live NE of Dallas. Went and drove a red one at a dealer in Frisco and they parked it next to a regular Civic in blue. I fell in love with the red and drove it home after negotiating the next 2 days with them.

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
It was close for me between White Orchid Pearl and Lunar Silver Metallic. At first I loved the white, then I saw the silver and it is just dark enough. I went with Lunar Silver for my purchase.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends what you want, of course.

White: Avoids solar heat gain, but you are in Canada rather than the Arizona desert so that may not be a factor. White tends to show dirt, but road salt may blend in nicely.

Silver/gray is probably best for hiding road salt but man there are a lot of silver/gray cars on the road. Or, more relevant, lots of silver/gray cars in parking lots. Good luck finding your Si at the shopping mall or airport parking lot.

Red stands out, which can be good or bad. Good for finding your car at the mall, but probably bad for avoiding speeding tickets.

Green is vibrant, to say the least. Probably a love-it-or-hate-it color. But wow, easy to spot.

Black shows road salt like crazy, and gets hot as heck in the sun. Some folks love black cars, though.

But I chose blue because it is the best color. :)

But most folks are drawn to a particular color once they see it in person. Good luck!

Last edited:

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i have a white orchid pearl civic. It looks real nice when you can keep it clean, but it shows ANY kind of dirt real easily and it gets annoying for me. Luckily I have a membership to a local car wash to wash my car everyday (if I wanted) for a monthly fee. If you don't like having to clean your car all the time, get a darker color. The MSM civics look awesome

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with ABM, because not only is the color GORGEOUS, but it reminds me of the Electron Blue Pearl on the EM1 Si.

GerardV

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe (Aegean Blue)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was never a question for me...an Aegean Blue Civic Si Coupe follwed me home in January.
Sponsored