Hard wiring dash cam

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I don't have a volt meter. Which fuse slot I should use? I want the dash cam to turn on when i put the car in Accessory Mode. I was able to achieve this for my R3 Uiden by taking fuse slot #1. I need anther one slot for the dash cam. thanks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hard wiring dash cam screenshot.138

Honda Civic 10th gen Hard wiring dash cam screenshot.139

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
UoITMEQh.jpg

I went off of this sticker on my car, used #17 since my car didn't come with CMBS. My dash cam comes on in acc mode

FEh7fQUh.jpg

cool thanks. I need to look at the sticker in my car. According to the user manual, #17 has "transmission" that was why i didn't use it, but i was looking at the user manual and not the actual sticker layout in my car. Right now, i plugged it #17, which is for AC, but dash cam turns on only when the car is fully on.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Unless your two devices draw more than 10 amps; I believe that you could split or 'Y' your current fuse #1 supply. If you have something plugged into the accessory slot (cigarette lighter); you'd have to factor that in too.

Last edited:
OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Unless your two devices draw more than 10 amps; I believe that you could split or 'Y' your current fuse #1 supply.

it's a Rexing dash cam and R3 radar, probably no more than 7A together. The supplied fuses for the devices are two 5As. I thought about that, i' probably won't try stacking method though. I think there are other options, if not, i'll leave it where it is.

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-RDA-HDWKT-Detector-Hardwire-Button/dp/B07BBVC7JQ

#21 you referring to is on the outside fuse box, in the engine bay. I rather not mess with that by making wiring too complex, i rather use inside fuse box, more straight forward.

I think either #4 or #17 will work, depending on your car, you need to check the sticker near the interior fuse box.
I wouldn’t use anything that’s for the engine, transmission, or airbags. Try using a door lock one. Maybe the passenger door lock?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought about using the door lock. Tried using the door lock. Also tried using the power window fuse. Neither have a completed circuit unless you're locking/unlocking the door or opening/closing the windows

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I wouldn’t use anything that’s for the engine, transmission, or airbags. Try using a door lock one. Maybe the passenger door lock?

yeah, i stay away from those. The door lock ones, driver or passenger lock is ALWAYS on, means my dash cam will be always on.

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I thought about using the door lock. Tried using the door lock. Also tried using the power window fuse. Neither have a completed circuit unless you're locking/unlocking the door or opening/closing the windows

yeah, because the door lock and door unlock have two fuses, they are not complete.

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
What dash cam are you using? Does it have parking mode?
I'm upgrading from Apeman 420 to Rexing V1, 3rd Gen. It does have parking mode, but i'm not planning to use it for parking mode. If you want parking mode, you need a constant power fuse. I heard the parking mode sensitivity on the Rexing V1, 3rd Gen is low. If you want parking mode, maybe look at another one.
Sponsored