DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
My fk7 is black on black with 5% tint. I am cursed with the hard water of northern NJ and gosh....I hand wash my car everytime. However if I can't get the shammy cloth over the whole car in .0001 seconds hard water marks set in. Then im stuck buffing for the next 30mins and still come up short. Anyone have any ideas or fixes? I have a water softener on the house but black is tough to mitigate...... Thoughts?
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
There really is no solution other than getting a filtration system for your home washing setup.

get it out of the sun or wash and dry at night helps too.

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Likely need a water de-ionization system to get rid of all the spots, I've been thinking about getting one myself.

utahsi

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
vinegar will remove water spots, but you don't want to do this all the time since it'll be a bit hard on the paint if you use it a lot . I use vinegar on my windows then go back over with invisible glass spray and they are very clean afterwards.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
My fk7 is black on black with 5% tint. I am cursed with the hard water of northern NJ and gosh....I hand wash my car everytime. However if I can't get the shammy cloth over the whole car in .0001 seconds hard water marks set in. Then im stuck buffing for the next 30mins and still come up short. Anyone have any ideas or fixes? I have a water softener on the house but black is tough to mitigate...... Thoughts?
Is it hard water or iron in the water? There is a difference. Iron is the worst of the two. It leaves rust spots. I'm on a well and have tons of iron in my water. I just got a new filter system about a year to replace my old worn out filter system. You can get water tests done for free. A plumbing supply company can guide you in the right direction to take care of either problem and send the test water in for you.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
White vinegar with water in a spray bottle. Not exactly sure how the ratio is broken down.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Does your car have a ceramic coating?
Do you wash your in direct sunlight?

I wrote it many times here since I joined the forum today. Turtle wax and chemical guys are my best. You can watch PanTheOrganizer something like that for a few tips

You can do it yourself with turtle wax hybrid solution.
After that just buy a good soap and look for The compagny rag for a good drying microfibre towel.

OP
OP
DRTHVDR

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
So I changed the game plan on the exterior care. Watched about 6 million youtube videos and settled on Mcguires black wax kit amd gold series wash products. Now I wash at dusk without direct sunlight and use a power buffer. Has made a world of difference. As for the water, I have a water softner on the main line but may be calling the local Culligan guys for a better solution.
Sponsored