Hard to get into first gear

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
My 2019 civic si is having an issues going into first gear after 2 40 rolls. My first gear was fine before that but after that it has a hard time going into first I will have to push harder to get it in to get it to first. Anyone have any tips or advice for me try and trouble shoot.

Thank you.

Mods:
Rv6 turbo
RV6 downpipe and front pipe
Mishimoto intercooler
Kzcmc
Act street clutch
Tsp R365 tune
Ark performance exhaust
Sponsored

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I'm not sure...maybe potential air bubble somewhere in the slave cylinder? A month or so ago, I randomly couldn't get into first at a stop light. I also have Kzcmc and I'm using the RV6 retrofit and type R clutch. It never did it again though, and I have no explanation for it.

mhufcfan8

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I experience first gear lock out from time to time. just shift into second and back to first.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
What ^^ @mhufcfan8 said. My reverse sometimes is difficult and I just go into 4th first, then to reverse.

OP
OP
Yosteak

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
I'm not sure...maybe potential air bubble somewhere in the slave cylinder? A month or so ago, I randomly couldn't get into first at a stop light. I also have Kzcmc and I'm using the RV6 retrofit and type R clutch. It never did it again though, and I have no explanation for it.
Thank you for the tips hopefully it resolve it on its own but I am just worried that transmission won't be good

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you install CMC and clutch at the same time? I had to adjust my wilwood CMC again a month after install. Probably need to tighten the CMC nut a little to get a little more throw.

OP
OP
Yosteak

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Did you install CMC and clutch at the same time? I had to adjust my wilwood CMC again a month after install. Probably need to tighten the CMC nut a little to get a little more throw.
No I install the clutch about 6months the cmc was about 2 months but when I install the cmc it was working currently

OP
OP
Yosteak

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
So I tried adjusting the cmc it still give me a hard time going into first gear I am going to try to bleed the system again too see if it helps

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
You must be making a fair amount of power with RV6 turbo? If bleeding again doesn't help, my only other thought is a gear or synchro got worn slightly. When my car was new, I managed to put it in reverse without clutch on accident. It ground, but still went in and stalled. Since that time, reverse was never the same and always a bit hard to get into gear and grinds on occasion. I have to assume I did a small bit of damage from that one mishap.
Sponsored