Harassed By 5-0

GurinderM

First Name
Gurinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Cop pulled up beside me in moving traffic to ask me how much HP the car has but that’s about it
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Sounds like one more reason to get yourself a good 2 channel dash cam.

Galaxythief

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Kind a simple... Don't do anything stupid and just let them do their thing. If you're switching lanes constantly, he is going to think you're trying to avoid him so you just lit the spark. If you have nothing to hide and you're following the rules don't even pay him any attention.

I've had one follow me on 2 different interstates for about 12-15 miles in the middle lane with people passing us in the left lane because I had cruise set to the limit. No, some cops are just assholes fucking with people because they feel like it. There was no reason to ride me that hard for that long. He was f-ing with me and its fairly obvious when they do it. Did I get pulled??? No. But just because my shit was clean, doesn't not make him a dick messing with me. We gotta stop giving cops a pass for being assholes because of their profession.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Never been tailed by a roller in the R and only once in the Pcar. I think they see my grey hair and figure "Some old grandpa driving the grandkid's car. He's not going to do anything wrong." Sometimes age has an advantage!:cool:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Zero issues so far with LEO’s, which is surprising considering the way I tend to drive in this car...

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I was thinking you meant a GT and I was gonna say I gap them. Cops don’t give me much trouble only been pulled over once and I deserved it

Aatif911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR. 2018 Crystal Black Pearl Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Not harassed.

One time I was pulling into my daughters school and a cop was following me. As I parked, he blocked me. I was looking to see if he had lights on or anything, but he didn't. So I got out slowly and faced him.

"Type RRRRRRRRrrrrrr!!!" - The cop
"hahaha, yeah it's a fun car" - me

Then we were talking about it for almost 25 minutes about it.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Eh, I dunno about being harassed, I either look at it like the police are just doing their thing or whatever. If you’re not doing anything against the law then you don’t have to worry about anything, right? So if you just drive normally it shouldn’t be a problem, but of course you get paranoid. Makes you drive “too careful”. I’ve had Police follow me before but I’m just assume they were just going my way and not messing with me.

Now if I did something to make them follow me, that’s a different story. I deserve that.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I’ve been harassed one time in the 49k miles I’ve driven the car. I did a pull as I was on an interchange between two expressways as I pulled up to a moving cop. I went shit and slowed down behind him one lane to the right. I needed to go to the lane he was in and he needed to get into the lane I was in so we swapped. He kept slowing down (and me following suit as to not piss him off). He sped up then slowed way down (like 40 MPH, minimum is 45) so I sped past him going speed limit. As I passed him he was waving his finger at me in a tsk tsk tsk style. This happened when my car had less than 1k miles on it, so I had recently broken in the motor :p

Other that that harassment, which was well deserved (I think I was doing 80 or 90 around that curve before I saw him and slowed to 65-70, then lower), I’ve never been harassed by a police officer. Actually, haven’t been pulled over in this car yet which is really surprising. I’ve had cops tail me for a block or two, but I wouldn’t call that harassing as it’s likely they needed to go that direction. Or a cop follow me off of an expressway, that always makes my heart race hoping he isn’t having a bad day (since I go 10-15 over like everyone else on expressways).

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
So far I’ve had zero attention from law enforcement. I blew past one doing 87 in a 70 one morning on a deserted freeway. He must have been asleep. I was already getting my insurance info ready, but he never pulled out. Around here it’s the 84 month loan Nissan’s that are the big speeders, not the nice cars.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So far I’ve had zero attention from law enforcement. I blew past one doing 87 in a 70 one morning on a deserted freeway. He must have been asleep. I was already getting my insurance info ready, but he never pulled out. Around here it’s the 84 month loan Nissan’s that are the big speeders, not the nice cars.
I feel like most cops will probably react to sound more than they do vision as they know by the time they see you, you’ve seen them and could probably adjust by the time they get your speed. If they hear you coming, they’ll be able to prepare to capture your speed a full second earlier than they would if they had not heard you coming.

The only exception though would be a car that is weaving in and out of traffic or pulling far away from a main cluster of cars very quickly. They’ll have an easier time selling a ticket to a judge if they can make it seem like you were driving crazy and stuff on top of the speeding.

Though 87 in a 70 does seem a bit high, and something an officer would pull you over for. I had one try to pull me for doing 79 in a 70 (when I was driving a Sentra) since he thought the speed limit was 65.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
I had a cop attempt to "harass" me because I was admittedly speeding and messing around on road with a guy in an SI sedan, I did not give him the chance. Three gear changes flat foot shifting and then real hard brakes into a tight corner and off into the night dissuaded him from pursuing me, kinda feel bad for the guy in the SI though as I'm almost certain he got pulled.
Sponsored