Hankook Kinergy bad in wet conditions?

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me or do you guys find that the Hankooks are pretty bad in wet conditions? I find in the first 15 minutes of rain when the oil slick hasn't washed off they are just awful (like riding on ice), and then a bit better once it's just water on the road but still pretty bad. I easily lose traction if I take the corner a bit faster or if I accelerate from a red light a tad too fast.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Is it just me or do you guys find that the Hankooks are pretty bad in wet conditions? I find in the first 15 minutes of rain when the oil slick hasn't washed off they are just awful (like riding on ice), and then a bit better once it's just water on the road but still pretty bad. I easily lose traction if I take the corner a bit faster or if I accelerate from a red light a tad too fast.
I noticed the Firestones are pretty bad as well. I get wheel spin when starting off from stop in the wet and I'm not heavy on the pedal.

It's been about 10 years since I've owned a front wheel drive car and I don't recall them being like this in the past so I'm attributing it to the low resistance tires.

OP
OP

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase