Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Stock is quite rich
Heres a quick datalog, coming from town to highway on the first pull, slight uphill. MAF is a bit scaled (leaned) at high loads.
Hey Marcos, isn't the 11.8AFR a bit on the aggressive side ? Have you done it on purpose for more power? Your ECU removes timing on 3rd gear while your IAT2 and ECT temps are excellent.
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Stock is quite rich

Hey Marcos, isn't the 11.8AFR a bit on the aggressive side ? Have you done it on purpose for more power? Your ECU removes timing on 3rd gear while your IAT2 and ECT temps are excellent.
It likes to do it on any tune past 5000 ish RPM. I'm still learning how everything reacts and I'm not too worried but I'll change it if I see any improvement with richer AFR.

11.8 is the max i've seen, sometimes is richer depending on the weather and heat. It's usually around 11.3 and 11.7. This was adjusted by Derek to help afr targets (with the european ECU running rich debate, that mostly was a datalogging setting issue) and should be a very minimal change, tho after that I upgraded to mishimoto charge pipes and 27won CAI, which shouldn't affect anything but maybe the engine is seeing a tinny bit more aire now.

I'm always monitoring AFR and other parameters with alerts on tunerview. It's been running like that for months now without any problem and knock control use to be 0.49 under 5200 RPM. I'll try the unscaled tune again when I get some time to do it.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
my friend says that at wot up to 6000 rpm afr 11.5

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Well 11.5 is just fine provided the target is around there ...

franzfume

First Name
francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 15. Sport + (2019) / Honda CRX Del Sol Vti (1992)
Country flag
So after reading ALL the 3d...

- Ktuner dual 21 is more "full" and enjoyable at low RPM, so better for city and country road.

- TSP stage 1 is better in highway or fast road, but less enjoyable at low RPM

At last: ktuner dual 21 is more smilar to a turbodiesel car, TSP stage 1 more to an old VTEC (nn turbo) Honda

Both are better than stock and for both a similar level of safety for the engine.
Im right?

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Si Francesco, aggiungo che TSP è piu sensibile a benzine cattive

Yes Francesco, I add that TSP is more sensitive to bad gasolines

where are you from?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag

- Ktuner dual 21 is more "full" and enjoyable at low RPM, so better for city and country road.

At last: ktuner dual 21 is more smilar to a turbodiesel car, TSP stage 1 more to an old VTEC (nn turbo) Honda

Both are better than stock and for both a similar level of safety for the engine.
Im right?
I dont miss any power down low, it is just the pedal response and boost curve is sharper in the TSP and more on off on the starter21. Even for traction I think the TSP + aVSA is better. Maybe the cvt version of the TSP is more conservative down low, thats another history.

franzfume

First Name
francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Si Francesco, aggiungo che TSP è piu sensibile a benzine cattive

Yes Francesco, I add that TSP is more sensitive to bad gasolines

where are you from?
Arezzo, Tuscany!

franzfume

First Name
francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont miss any power down low, it is just the pedal response and boost curve is sharper in the TSP and more on off on the starter21. Even for traction I think the TSP + aVSA is better. Maybe the cvt version of the TSP is more conservative down low, thats another history.
Im on manual transmission

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Im right?
I find with TSP stage 1 that driving in D is kind of bland down low and with throttle response, but driving in S if you have it really remedies that

franzfume

First Name
francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find with TSP stage 1 that driving in D is kind of bland down low and with throttle response, but driving in S if you have it really remedies that
Oh I'm on manual transmission :cool:

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I also noticed driving in D, the knock retard and stft tends to be quite jumpy even at low throttle. In S or L the trims seem to be steady and low and the knock retard barely moves. I’ve notified it quite consistently. It seems like the tune was created for the CVT’s in S mode at the very least. I don’t see how it would make a huge difference but it’s weird that it does.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Very odd. I run in D on 93 octane most of the time and my K Control is fairly steady at less than WOT. With S and especially L running at much higher rpm, it's very surprising those modes are more steady for you than D.

As far as fuel trims, short term trims tend to fluctuate quite a bit... that's kind of normal.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Very odd. I run in D on 93 octane most of the time and my K Control is fairly steady at less than WOT. With S and especially L running at much higher rpm, it's very surprising those modes are more steady for you than D.

As far as fuel trims, short term trims tend to fluctuate quite a bit... that's kind of normal.
Yeah I run 91 octane since it’s the highest available in my area. I’ve only noticed the knock retard and stft spaz out in D mode. I know it’s normal but it’s just a bit weird that it seems to be more steady when running in S or L mode. Just an observation :)
Sponsored