Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
for this I wonder if it is good or bad to bring ltft to 0 on european ecu, are there european logs with 27won filter?
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
for this I wonder if it is good or bad to bring ltft to 0 on european ecu, are there european logs with 27won filter?
I have the TSP but with the MAF very slightly scaled from derek, I can datalog for you. I may flash the one with standard TSP maf scale too.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
It seems that his MAF is very well calibrated and his average STFT is close to zero on part throttle / low load so LTFT stays 0 or 0.8 . This is very nice actually.
Knowing that maf stays to 0 ltft, while with a stock setup is negative (personally i'm at -8 now) what would be the result during wot? Could it be too lean?

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
if it remains at 10.7 it is correct

Knowing that maf stays to 0 ltft, while with a stock setup is negative (personally i'm at -8 now) what would be the result during wot? Could it be too lean?
this I wonder. if it is designed to stay at -7 (+ -) is it bad or good to bring it to 0?

Last edited:

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
[QUOTE = "kytos, post: 818283, membro: 19360"]
Ho il TSP ma con il MAF leggermente ridimensionato da Derek, posso registrarti per te. Potrei far lampeggiare anche quello con scala maf TSP standard.
[/CITAZIONE]

Send thanks

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if it is designed to stay at -7 (+ -) is it bad or good to bring it to 0?
I think LTFT only affects at the lower part of the scale (low and mid loads), at wot you want to check AFR and target because ECU changes from closed to open loop. If at WOT AFR don't go too lean (>12 less safe) or too rich (<10 bad for performance) it's ok, I think TSP tune aims for ~11.3 (AFR target). Also, remember to setup the correct fuel on datalogging settings before checking a datalog. Default fuel setting on ktuner (only affects datalog reading) is 14 AFR.

Last edited:

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
w/o additive 14.6 or w additive 14.7 ?

they seem correct, I am seriously considering buying it

I'd like some more feedback

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heres a quick datalog, coming from town to highway on the first pull, slight uphill. MAF is a bit scaled (leaned) at high loads.

Attachments

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Correct me if I am wrong but even if EU ecu stays negative, everything is OK because it's working to reach the right ratio. The only concern I have is the open loop logic during high load which with the wrong maf can cause damage.

The intake andre80 posted has a good maf size so with factory calibration during normal load the correction is 0 instead of a negative stock air box. But in my mind it should be leaner at wot.

ialan103

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
This is how I kind of drive...

Even though I'm tuned, I generally drive in Map 2 and drive with a light foot on the throttle. Every once in a while if a situation arises, I go for. Today was one of those moments.

A WRX came up behind me rapidly and then gunned it to pass me. I popped it in Map 3 and decided to join the fun. I quickly accelerated to meet him. He then accelerated and I quickly caught up. Then the moment of truth arrived. I gave it all she had and on this cool day, I was thrown back in my seat and I guarantee the WRX dude had a WTF moment seeing a Civic bolt like I had a V6. I was gone and he backed off.

It wasn't a race, just a fun little scenario before I went back to chill mode.
How did you switch to map 3 while driving? Is it through the ktuner device or on the steering wheel?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As long as your ecu supports it, the TSP tune includes 3 maps with #3 being the high powered one. The maps are switched via the cruise control buttons. This works whether you are stopped or on the move.

Details here.

ialan103

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Thank you g
As long as your ecu supports it, the TSP tune includes 3 maps with #3 being the high powered one. The maps are switched via the cruise control buttons. This works whether you are stopped or on the move.

Details here.
Thank you !

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Heres a quick datalog, coming from town to highway on the first pull, slight uphill. MAF is a bit scaled (leaned) at high loads.
you sent the tune file not the logs

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag