Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
i noticed after I installed tsp1 race tune maf with my cobra cold air race intake I have a 2019 hatch it doesn't show boost period its just blank doesn't give me numbers period I wonder what happened.
Are you using Tunerview or other tune viewing software? Also experienced no turbo boost readings on occasion, reseated the Bluetooth OBD2 interface and Tunerview reconnects. Not sure if you are running other.
Sponsored

sfh23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Is this tune going to be compatible with version 5AA-A580 anytime soon?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This tune continues to impress me as just about the perfect tune. It's powerful. It's smooth. The throttle response is super linear.

Today was one of those days where it was cool with little humidity and the car felt extra fast. I was going around a curvy highway on ramp marked 45 mph. I gave it just a little gas and she pulled very hard. I looked down and I was at 80 mph (and climbing rapidly) on the ramp. It actually surprised me how fast the speed jumped. Not only that, the car was still very composed at 35+ over the limit on that curvy ramp. Honda did a fantastic job with this chassis.

Last edited:

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still don't sleep well because of the dyno numbers :D

Joke aside, took the car from Macedonia to Norway on a road trip trough Europe, 7000km in month and a half, and while driving trough Germany on the autobahn (no speed limit) it was really good to see the faces of the people as i was passing by, this map kicks ass for top end!

@D-RobIMW, what would be the procedure for a custom tune, can you do this or should i look for somebody else?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I still don't sleep well because of the dyno numbers :D

Joke aside, took the car from Macedonia to Norway on a road trip trough Europe, 7000km in month and a half, and while driving trough Germany on the autobahn (no speed limit) it was really good to see the faces of the people as i was passing by, this map kicks ass for top end!

@D-RobIMW, what would be the procedure for a custom tune, can you do this or should i look for somebody else?
He can definitely help you out with an e-tune. Basically, you'll email him datalogs and he will revise the tune until it's what you want.

https://www.imwtuned.com/store/p4/etune.html

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
This tune continues to impress me as just about the perfect tune. It's powerful. It's smooth. The throttle response is super linear.

Today was one of those days where it was cool with little humidity and the car felt extra fast. I was going around a curvy highway on ramp marked 45 mph. I gave it just a little gas and she pulled very hard. I looked down and I was at 80 mph (and climbing rapidly) on the ramp. It actually surprised me how fast the speed jumped. Not only that, the car was still very composed at 35+ over the limit on that curvy ramp. Honda did a fantastic job with this chassis.
Hey, sounds great, so you don't miss Ktuner base tune and moving to TSP 1, sounds like a change might worth a try. You don't mind being locked with TSP without custom anything? Guess you don't have to since it runs high out of the box.

On Ktuner, yup enjoying the early mid pull. For day to day 35-55 yup awesome also. Still a novice testing, I upped boost in even increments up to 22.5. It's more linear than as provided as far as boost goes, power is there....top end is flat somewhat I guess. The only place to test top end is out on 95. Any guess what TSP might have done, ignition, etc. A year ago I did fool with 25 at the top end and it roared, I didn't think it fell out at all, but read all the warnings and backed down. I heard TSP makes you hit near 26, is that right?

0 to 60? 40 to 100? TSP or KT you or anyone log the differences yet?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, sounds great, so you don't miss Ktuner base tune and moving to TSP 1, sounds like a change might worth a try. You don't mind being locked with TSP without custom anything? Guess you don't have to since it runs high out of the box.

On Ktuner, yup enjoying the early mid pull. For day to day 35-55 yup awesome also. Still a novice testing, I upped boost in even increments up to 22.5. It's more linear than as provided as far as boost goes, power is there....top end is flat somewhat I guess. The only place to test top end is out on 95. Any guess what TSP might have done, ignition, etc. A year ago I did fool with 25 at the top end and it roared, I didn't think it fell out at all, but read all the warnings and backed down. I heard TSP makes you hit near 26, is that right?

0 to 60? 40 to 100? TSP or KT you or anyone log the differences yet?
Most of my "fun moments" are quick, high speed highway passes. Where KTuner fizzles after 5,000 rpm, the TSP 1 keeps on building power til 6000+ rpm.

Don't get me wrong, an aggressive KTuner 21 is awesome most of the time and feels punchier down low with less throttle movement. I just like the balance of the TSP 1 and how linear the power delivery is.

Last edited:

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the reminder on this. Derek mentioned this to us some time ago and I had forgotten about it. Another one of Honda's fun little things we have to deal with. :rolleyes:
Does that means that we can have an updated tune?
Don't get me wrong, the tune already feels amazing but if it can be further optimiced to work better with these ecus...
I was just going back trough the thread and saw this one, shouldn't there be a separate tsp stage1 map for eudm ecu's?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I was just going back trough the thread and saw this one, shouldn't there be a separate tsp stage1 map for eudm ecu's?
No, as long as the owner use a stock maf housing or a well matched aftermarket one there should be no problem. If someone detects too rich condition get in touch with derek, remember adjust the gas type in the datalogs or it will register richer than real.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
There is a separate map file for each ECU version. As this point we must have a hundred or more of them. :)

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a separate map file for each ECU version. As this point we must have a hundred or more of them. :)
I understood now, i thought that it's one map for all ecu's so that why mine showed less hp than expected on the dyno, i'm getting help now from @varge so hopefully i'll get to the bottom of those numbers :)

thanks guys.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
I continue to monitor peaks of 27/28 psi in wot

then it drops to 23/24 psi, is everything correct? does not seem exaggerated?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I continue to monitor peaks of 27/28 psi in wot

then it drops to 23/24 psi, is everything correct? does not seem exaggerated?
That's a bit higher than the target; have a log of it to share? Please email it to me, and I'm happy to review it.

The maximum commanded boost target on TSP1 is 24.5psi for just a short time. The logged pressure will go above that target on CVT cars after the system commands a "ratio" change, as ignition is retarded drastically for a moment (raising EGT).

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is the log from my ride trought the city today, have few long empty streets where i could pull her hard: https://files.fm/u/6jy9kzby, tsp stage1 map 3, af dynamic cai and prl catless downpipe, 95ron fuel.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
later I send them to you, anyway the standard psi is at 24 psi, but the peaks before I went down I saw them between 27 / 28psi
Sponsored