Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
Another one of those moments that put a smile on my face out there on the highway today. Some guy in a Infinity QX50 was weaving in and out of traffic behind me. He then decided to tailgate me inching closer and closer in an effort to intimidate me.

After a couple minutes of that nonsense I put my foot into it when I saw no traffic ahead of us. It's such a great feeling being able to do that and see these drivers of much more expensive cars try (but fail) to keep up. Priceless.

I love my TSP tuned car.
Nice, I had the same experience with a Q50 and ATS over this past weekend. Kept right with them. Amazing what this tune can do for those budget minded.

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
Nice, I had the same experience with a Q50 and ATS over this past weekend. Kept right with them. Amazing what this tune can do for those budget minded.
well balanced monster (putting ass in ya face since 2016 lol)

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went with Derek's custom tune, and guys, save money for it, it's worth every penny!
I have now the lower rpm pull like on KTuner 21 and the higher from TSP map 3.

This is a whole new level :)
Is the lower rpm pull like Ktuner Stage 2 and higher rpm pull of the TSP map 3 what you specifically asked for in your custom tune? Or did Derek just happen to make it this way?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Is the lower rpm pull like Ktuner Stage 2 and higher rpm pull of the TSP map 3 what you specifically asked for in your custom tune? Or did Derek just happen to make it this way?
Myx, I could be wrong but I almost guarantee that's what he requested. That's EXACTLY what I've been saying would be the perfect tune for the year and a half I've run the TSP. The out of the box TSP 1 is solid, no doubt. But compared to an aggressively tweaked, KTuner 21, it feels weak from a stop if I'm being blunt.

Thankfully, most of my adventures are high speed highway moves and the TSP rocks in that scenario.

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's what i asked for, best from both tunes :)

Reactions: Myx

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
What did you ask Derek to do specifically? I also have a custom tune from him but the tune only pulls hard above 3500 rpm btw I have 27won turbo so that could be a factor
It is physically impossible for the W1 to do anything under 3500 or so rpm, other than wait for enough exhaust gas to allow it to spool properly :)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What did you ask Derek to do specifically? I also have a custom tune from him but the tune only pulls hard above 3500 rpm btw I have 27won turbo so that could be a factor
Roberto, if your plan was off the line prowess, like I told you in a different thread, the W1 was a mistake. It produces more power but take a while to get there.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had a thread a year or two back when we all came to realization TD03 was a error in a Honda’s tech info on the car. It’s TD025 HI and LOs to differentiate the 9 and 11 vane turbos respectively. It’s what made our stock cars have the powerband like a diesel...

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/this-isnt-a-td03.19923/

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
From a wheel size point of view, it is something bigger than the usual TD025 and a tad smaller than a small TD03 but in a small enclosure to promote fast spool and great response.
A TD03-14T has only about 10-15% more flow capacity than our stock turbo and the standard TD03 turbine is roughly 2-3mm larger than the Si so not a huge step up.
The MHI TD03 has yet to be dynoed properly but my guesstimate would be roughly 20whp above an Si at most.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
been rocking a dual stage 21psi/factory psi ktuner basemap with fairly aggressive adjustments for about 2 weeks now and I love the tune, but my main concern comes from the punchiness down low on my CVT. i never launch or even haul ass in my car, i usually wait till about 2k rpms before i push on anything. i know the adjustments are all pretty safe, but would it be safe to assume that the TSP stage 1 is one of the safer tunes on the CVT outside of a custom tune?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The TSP is an excellent tune for the CVT.

If your main concern is stress on the CVT, beyond your good driving habits, you could just go a little less aggressive on your quick adjustments (throttle, part throttle turbo response) on your dual 21. Also consider using BBG in "1st".
Sponsored