Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
That appears to be a throttle oscillation.

Load a KTuner starter map and apply the throttle response changes and see if the problem exists there as well.
As they just said, yes, It also happens with the starter maps with the default and changed throttle responses. Do you need any further info or logs about this?
Do you think it could be fixed?

Regards

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
As they just said, yes, It also happens with the starter maps with the default and changed throttle responses. Do you need any further info or logs about this?
Do you think it could be fixed?

Regards
I think we need help from @KTuner

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this also with Hondata?Maybe the problem only is with ktuner...?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For all those European ECU users that may think they are running rich (Open Loop at Wot) check if your wideband gas type setting on ktuner is 14.7 and not 14 when dataloging (mine was 14 by default). I've been checking with help from Drob and the maf scale is pretty acurate, and AFR are close to target on the richer side. Thank you @D-RobIMW for your help and patience.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
@D-RobIMW I'll do some tig welding and metal fabrication for you for a Ktuner with TSP 1 lol. I'm right here northern VA!

I shouldn't of sold mine... Totally regretting it.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I shouldn't of sold mine... Totally regretting it.
There's a simple fix. Buy another one from TSP and get a TSP Stage 1 tune thrown in free. No sense being filled with regret, right?

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
There's a simple fix. Buy another one from TSP and get a TSP Stage 1 tune thrown in free. No sense being filled with regret, right?
The struggle is real. I already ordered abunch of stuff for the X again and I have rods and pistons coming for my other build. Figured maybe I can work for one lmao. It is my full time job!

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
[QUOTE = "kytos, post: 725410, membro: 19360"] Per tutti quegli utenti di ECU europei che potrebbero pensare di essere ricchi (Open Loop at Wot) controlla se l'impostazione del tipo di gas a banda larga su ktuner è 14.7 e non 14 quando registra dati (il mio era 14 per impostazione predefinita). Ho controllato con l'aiuto di Drob e la scala maf è piuttosto accurata e AFR è vicino al bersaglio sul lato più ricco. Grazie [USER = 15327] @ D-RobIMW [/ USER] per il tuo aiuto e pazienza. [/ QUOTE]

Where

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
[QUOTE = "kytos, post: 725410, membro: 19360"] Per tutti quegli utenti di ECU europei che potrebbero pensare di essere ricchi (Open Loop at Wot) controlla se l'impostazione del tipo di gas a banda larga su ktuner è 14.7 e non 14 quando registra dati (il mio era 14 per impostazione predefinita). Ho controllato con l'aiuto di Drob e la scala maf è piuttosto accurata e AFR è vicino al bersaglio sul lato più ricco. Grazie [USER = 15327] @ D-RobIMW [/ USER] per il tuo aiuto e pazienza. [/ QUOTE]

Where
Here, this is what translate lambda to AFR in whatever scale you choose when datalogging
Honda Civic 10th gen Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si) upload_2019-12-12_9-32-21

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is that the fix for the throttle ossicilation?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So is that the fix for the throttle ossicilation?
No.. This isn't a fix. This is the proper way to setup datalogs when watching AFR, a few people here are concerend about running too rich and they should know how to check it properly to avoid confusions.

The Air Fuel Ratio thing has nothing to do with the throttle oscillation problem, which is related to the throttle logic on ktuner.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
If it may be of any help. When using any of the starter maps in KTuner, the boost target for the 1500-2000rpm range is different than the one when you choose factory boost targets. I have found that copying the factory boost target of that range greatly improves the low throttle stutter.
From what I can understand (but I could be wrong) the TPS.CMD is a function of TPS vs Boost Target (or even better, ECU : where do you want the MAP reading to be?), and it seems that requesting just a bit more MAP (as a function of the % of boost target) causes the ECU to open and close the throttle.
Feel free to reproduce and let me know how this worked

PS : this is completely independent of the throttle response settings

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been toying around with the idea of opening the MAF curves on all TSP locked files so users can adjust on their own, BTW.
Any update on this?
Sponsored