Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
I was discussing the Open/Closed loop thingy with Derek and JR back when we tested the TSP for the EUDM and the best they could come up with was the "Starter MAF". 0,5AFR may be 5-10whp at high load depending on ignition etc and is a required loss if we want to avoid running 12's under high boost from time to time...

K.Control @ 0.59 is perfect and only like 0.5 ignition less than 0.49 so just don't bother with it. His ignition timing is just great (but is assisted by his boost curve, read on)

BUT, didn't anyone notice that after 4.5k rpm his MAP is consistently 2psi (or more) under the target for both the KTuner21 and the TSP and his MAF.v barely touched 4.6v when we know that the maximum flow for the stock turbo is ~4.73v and this 0.1v at this scale is ~5% more airflow? I'm not an expert on hardware stuff but his boost levels at high RPM are really really low and I think he should check this out. *Maybe* it's an issue with dyno load, because the run only took like 7 seconds and the same pool would take ~12 seconds on a real road, so a lot less load on the dyno. Maybe he should run a 5th gear to make load more realistic? (just guessing on that)

Take a look at my custom boost MAF.v / airflow curve and compare it to his TSP

Honda Civic 10th gen Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si) upload_2019-11-28_8-52-56

Last edited:

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My first dyno pull was done in 5th, this was done after one week of driving on tsp map3:

Honda Civic 10th gen Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si) 20191122_083709

This was done before the 3 pulls i had with stock, ktuner dual 21 and tsp map 3. The reason for my going back to the dyno was because the first result was much less than what i expected as it was advertised "max gains of 39whp at 6100 RPM and 63 ft lbs of torque at 3400RPM!" My first pull on stock showed 200hp vs tsp map 3 which shows 222 (or 225 in 5th) so thats gain of 22 or 25 vs stock. Plus its stated that "Mods such as this are expected to add power that is not accounted for in our dyno testing." and im running af dynamic cai and prl catless downpipe. So yeah, it would be great if we could get updated map for the european ecu.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My datalogs look similar, but with 90% humidity with heavy rain, no downpipe, just KyN replacement filter (so 100%stock maf housing size) and mishimoto intercooler with stock pipes.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si) tsp dlog.PNG

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't speak too much to how K.cont reacts under load on a non-Si. Mine pretty much stays settled at .49 all the time no matter what I try and do to it
Non si have forced knock control rise above 5000 or 5500 rpms. when I do a wot run on the CVT once its above that it just rises until I let off. Usually end up somewhere in the .7-.8 range depending on if I stop at 80 or go to 100 mph,

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
So is there any chance we could get a fix for those 2nd and third gear low revs light throttle issue? @Two Step Performance
What issue are you referring to?

I'm the one to ask for those kind of things.

A log and thorough description would be helpful, also.

I've been toying around with the idea of opening the MAF curves on all TSP locked files so users can adjust on their own, BTW.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag

I've been toying around with the idea of opening the MAF curves on all TSP locked files so users can adjust on their own, BTW.
Youd make this a very merry christmas for a bunch of people, if you did!!

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

He is referring to the problem I detailed on this post: https://www.civicx.com/threads/ktun...adv-vsa-more-to-come.39846/page-8#post-704046

Opening MAF is a good idea but I'm sure most of us don't know how to adjust it precisely or ideally, maybe we can pay a bit more for custom MAF adjustment. BTW is 10.3 AFR acceptable?

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
[
My first dyno pull was done in 5th, this was done after one week of driving on tsp map3:

20191122_083709.jpg

This was done before the 3 pulls i had with stock, ktuner dual 21 and tsp map 3. The reason for my going back to the dyno was because the first result was much less than what i expected as it was advertised "max gains of 39whp at 6100 RPM and 63 ft lbs of torque at 3400RPM!" My first pull on stock showed 200hp vs tsp map 3 which shows 222 (or 225 in 5th) so thats gain of 22 or 25 vs stock. Plus its stated that "Mods such as this are expected to add power that is not accounted for in our dyno testing." and im running af dynamic cai and prl catless downpipe. So yeah, it would be great if we could get updated map for the european ecu.
I know dynos vary, but this one seems out of whack. Honda claims 174 hp factory (crank) and you're getting 200 hp on the dyno which is a fine result. But only 225 at the crank with the TSP and 196 at the wheels seems insanely off. That's why I honestly don't put much stock in dyno results. My butt dyno is much more accurate. :cool: And IMO the TSP Map 3 hauls ass. No way in hell it legitimately is only putting out 196 to the wheels unless you have issues.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag

Hello Derek!

Kytos beat me to It but here I go.
Apparently, these seems to happen to non si because people from Europe and Canada are complaining about this.

When accelerating with light throttle (15-20%) in the rpm range from 1000 to 1500 the car stutters a little bit. This is even more noticeable with the car still cold. That does not happen with the stock map.

Its quite bothersome when going through the city at low speeds.

It is the only con on an otherwise amazing all round balanced tune.

Please find attached logs and this video.

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@D-RobIMW Can we have an answer about the MAF thing? I can offer my car to datalog or test things if necessary.

Last edited:

Rob2112

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Am I reading this right ??
2020 Civic MT non-si
5ana31 ecu code is supported for the Ktuner
TSP Stage 1

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Hello Derek!

Kytos beat me to It but here I go.
Apparently, these seems to happen to non si because people from Europe and Canada are complaining about this.

When accelerating with light throttle (15-20%) in the rpm range from 1000 to 1500 the car stutters a little bit. This is even more noticeable with the car still cold. That does not happen with the stock map.

Its quite bothersome when going through the city at low speeds.

It is the only con on an otherwise amazing all round balanced tune.

Please find attached logs and this video.

Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks

That appears to be a throttle oscillation.

Load a KTuner starter map and apply the throttle response changes and see if the problem exists there as well.
Sponsored