Hands on with TSP's Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T (non-Si)

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
anyone got revised stage-1 TSP tune with artificial knock elimination disable?
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
anyone got revised stage-1 TSP tune with artificial knock elimination disable?
There is no revision of the TSP stage1 with artificial rise of k.control disable. There may be an stage1+ in the future which I think they are testing on ktuner. @Two Step Performance @D-RobIMW ?

There is other famous tuner testing it too.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is no revision of the TSP stage1 with artificial rise of k.control disable. There may be an stage1+ in the future which I think they are testing on ktuner. @Two Step Performance @D-RobIMW ?

There is other famous tuner testing it too.
i use to liked my TSP stage 1 map but the problem is everytime when i WOT i see K.con rising until u drive normal or cruising down the K.con goes back to normal 0.54 on flashpro. I was hoping to get this same map with artificial knock control disabled.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
i use to liked my TSP stage 1 map but the problem is everytime when i WOT i see K.con rising until u drive normal or cruising down the K.con goes back to normal 0.54 on flashpro. I was hoping to get this same map with artificial knock control disabled.
If the artificial knock rise removal is an important feature to you, revert to a Starter 21 map and enable it.

Keep in mind TSP compensates for the post 5300 rpm artificial k.c. rise with increased timing, so you aren't losing all that much power.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the artificial knock rise removal is an important feature to you, revert to a Starter 21 map and enable it.

Keep in mind TSP compensates for the post 5300 rpm artificial k.c. rise with increased timing, so you aren't losing all that much power.
i dont have ktuner, i have flashpro but i will try base maps again.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Salik...

Hopefully, down the road, TSP might release an updated tune that includes this feature. Based on all the TSP Stage 1 non-Si users, I'm sure it would be a big seller.

I don't know if @Two Step Performance monitors threads like this so maybe contact them directly to see if they are considering it. The more people that bug them, the better. :cool:

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Here is an interesting situation from yesterday. After reading about the artificial knock control disable I decided to flash back and use it for the last few days. I've been running TSP1 for almost 23k miles on map 3. After the flash back, It seemed ok for the first day. After that, I started getting a consistent -10 fuel trim and knock running at .55 to .67 and it stayed that way for a few days. I thought maybe I just had a bad tank of gas. I flashed back to TSP1 yesterday (same tank of gas) and knock was back down to .49 and fuel trims were almost perfect (-2). I admit I don't know how I am supposed to interpret this information, but it was an interesting observation.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an interesting situation from yesterday. After reading about the artificial knock control disable I decided to flash back and use it for the last few days. I've been running TSP1 for almost 23k miles on map 3. After the flash back, It seemed ok for the first day. After that, I started getting a consistent -10 fuel trim and knock running at .55 to .67 and it stayed that way for a few days. I thought maybe I just had a bad tank of gas. I flashed back to TSP1 yesterday (same tank of gas) and knock was back down to .49 and fuel trims were almost perfect (-2). I admit I don't know how I am supposed to interpret this information, but it was an interesting observation.
That is odd.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
  • Love
Reactions: Myx

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for the reply Gtman! Im new to this forums like almost a year now. I always see you everywhere so thank you for undying passion and support.

and if thats true then TSP sucks if they don’t have that feature until now

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
TSP sucks if they don’t have that feature
TSP doesn't suck. They just never created a new tune like Phearable did. It's not like Phearable just added that feature to the old tune. It took them months to create that new updated 1.5R tune with that feature included.

Last edited:

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
AFAIK Derek were looking to add a Stage1 + for non-si but for some reason they are not interested

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AFAIK Derek were looking to add a Stage1 + for non-si but for some reason they are not interested
At this point, they've likely just moved on to the 11th gen.
Sponsored