Iwanttogofaster

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
I just purchased some new wheels and tires for my 2017 civic coupe ext. The wheels are 18x8 with a 45mm offset and the tires are Michelin pilot sports 245/40s. I want to improve my suspension and handling but don’t think I could do lowering springs with that wheel and tire setup without rubbing. Would I benefit from a rear sway bar at all on the stock suspension?
Sponsored

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just purchased some new wheels and tires for my 2017 civic coupe ext. The wheels are 18x8 with a 45mm offset and the tires are Michelin pilot sports 245/40s. I want to improve my suspension and handling but don’t think I could do lowering springs with that wheel and tire setup without rubbing. Would I benefit from a rear sway bar at all on the stock suspension?
I installed the RSB way before my lowering springs and it made a difference, although mainly felt on medium speed sharper turns (sweeping banked offramps became such a fun dig in my morning commute). In day to day driving, it makes the car respond slightly better and the roll is reduced.

If you don't want to lower, I would recommend RSB + Type R Subframe Brace to make a decent difference to start. Front strut brace would also do well, but I think the return vs cost isn't as big as the first two.

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
the wheel setup will fit with eibach lowering springs, I used to have 18x8 +40 on 245/40. I will say though, you'll rub on dips if your fenders aren't rolled
Sponsored