First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A sports car with an electric brake ! I wonder how will be the winter with ?
sometimes in winter I used my hand brake, yes my speed was too fast but I was able to turn when the front wheels had no grip .
We will have to follow the limits ! :thumbsdown:
Sponsored

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
yea i found out the parking brake engages if you have brake hold on for more than 10 minutes in a taco bell drive through, first stall in the Si :(((
I think it is shorter than 10 minutes. I hated it when it engages at a long traffic light.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
yea i found out the parking brake engages if you have brake hold on for more than 10 minutes in a taco bell drive through, first stall in the Si :(((
You're driving wrong. lol... If you give it a little gas then release the clutch, the e-brake will release automatically.

I also almost stalled on the first day of ownership when I tried to back out with it activated. I mean who uses the gas pedal when reversing right? I always thought it will release when wheel torque is sensed so at the time I was thinking maybe it will only release in the froward direction, but I now know it releases when you give it some gas.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
You're driving wrong. lol... If you give it a little gas then release the clutch, the e-brake will release automatically.

I also almost stalled on the first day of ownership when I tried to back out with it activated. I mean who uses the gas pedal when reversing right? I always thought it will release when wheel torque is sensed so at the time I was thinking maybe it will only release in the froward direction, but I now know it releases when you give it some gas.
naw fam my brake stayed engaged.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Looks like you may also have to release the clutch after giving it some gas for it to relase.

1599165122021.png
fuck i forgot i drove a MT. yea you right! lol
naw man i promise you it stayed on. ill try it out though and let you know if it actually works or not. i swear it stayed on and stalled lol

SirSalley23

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
fuck i forgot i drove a MT. yea you right! lol
naw man i promise you it stayed on. ill try it out though and let you know if it actually works or not. i swear it stayed on and stalled lol
I've noticed it won't disengage the E-brake when you do the gas and release clutch method if it's in reverse, going forward and doing it always works for me.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I've noticed it won't disengage the E-brake when you do the gas and release clutch method if it's in reverse, going forward and doing it always works for me.
I can confirm that the E-brake would engage with the brakehold on and seatbelt release.

As I said, this is not too useful for me because I never use the brakehold.

Between my 1999 Prelude and the current SI, I drI’ve automatic for many years (I have not used the and brake for years). Although I am now driving a MT, I at times would forget to set the handbrake when park. Many times I have to walk back to the car to check if I set the handbrake or if the car is in gear.

Since our handbrakes are electronically controlled, I was hoping that there is a setting so it would be triggered when ignition is switched off.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I tested it today in my Si, the E-brake does auto release in reverse. My E-Brake always releases, regardless if I'm in 1st or R, as long as I give it gas first followed by releasing the clutch. It won't release if I release the clutch 1st followed by giving it gas. Giving gas first is the proper way to drive anyway. But I always manually release my e-brake because it's just faster to take off that way and probably less wear on the clutch and brake.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

a
Wat? Some sing wrong with your Si Bro. I don't get the "Release Parking Brake" message even if I were to stall it. Like I said, first day of ownership I tried to back out with the e-brake activated and I just feather out the clutch and the engine just bogs. Almost stalled it that time. I'll take a video tomorrow.

Were you backing out or going forward? This is what you did right?

1. Clutch down
2. Select 1st gear
3. Feather gas pedal
4. Feather release clutch.

EDIT:

Looks like your Red seat belt light is lit? If so, then e-brake won't release automatically.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hand Brake 1599347604054

Also

Honda Civic 10th gen Hand Brake 1599347675866

Last edited:

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Today I unbuckled my seat belt with the car still running and it automatically set my parking brake.
If you had the Brake hold system on it will do this automatically.