captain2

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda 2020 civic ex
Country flag
disappointed with halogen lights on civic ex 2020. asked dealer to get let, they said cant do it will cause damage.
1-can it be done. also has anybody stayed with these lights and used the brights to see without difficulty when driving . used to drive honda accord
2000 and on curves used my brights in dark roads, not greatest eyes.

2 there seems a round haze on lens inside in center of dims, but cant see it when turn off lights. dealer said some kind of reflection and normal
on both sides
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Switch bulbs out for LEDs if you want better lighting. The halogens on the Civic have been rated horrible since the 10th gen came out.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Not sure what damage the dealer thinks they'll do. You can change to led, or hid if you want even better output. The low beam is a projector if I remember correctly so there shouldn't be issues with blinding others if aimed properly.

Perhaps others can chime in with some better advice.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
you have several options, you can convert the car to factory LED which requires a harness adapter (this is likely what the dealer thought you where talking about), you can install "drop-in" replacement LED bulbs that connect to the stock wiring or you can do an HID setup, whatever you do don't be that jackass driving around with high beams on all the time, tired of getting blinded by those idiots, i swear it's 1 in 6 cars on the road at night around here on average.

you could even swap the projector out with a bi-xenon projector as part of an HID upgrade and get stupid surface of the sun level brightness when you turn on the high beams.

Are the stock halogens that bad, hell nah, anyone that thinks these low beams are bad has never driven a stock 98-02 Firebird or Trans Am, those things are shit, they use what was 30+ year old sealed beam tech when they where new.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The newer LED bulbs are plenty bright enough to work in the stock projectors.

chobonedd

First Name
xxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
possible to buy ex and have dealer install touring lights? has any1 done it? thnx

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
possible to buy ex and have dealer install touring lights? has any1 done it? thnx
better off doing it yourself, you just gotta pull the front bumper/grille assembly to access every bolt for the headlights then you need an adapter harness to alter the halogen wiring to the connectors for the LED touring lights.

or you could just buy the ones from TheRetrofitSource

OP
OP

captain2

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda 2020 civic ex
Country flag
my mechanic said no rewireing involved. he can access right from top of car, and has to add son add connection beween led and original connection for replacement of halgon headlight dims

can putting led for the halogen dims on the 2020 void my warranty. cant get a answer

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just replace the bulbs so you don't have to pay someone to pull your headlights or spend over $1k on full LED headlights. They are simple to do and can be changed out in 5 minutes.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
my mechanic said no rewireing involved. he can access right from top of car, and has to add son add connection beween led and original connection for replacement of halgon headlight dims

can putting led for the halogen dims on the 2020 void my warranty. cant get a answer
OK we aren't being clear here if you are putting in LED's like this https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h11-led-headlight-bulbs-morimoto-2stroke.html?carDisplay=2016+Honda+Civic+Sedan+(Halogen+Equipped)&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1 then no wiring changes are required, they simply plug into the factory harness and you insert them like you would any other headlight bulb.

Now if you are talking LED lights like the Touring has that is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ASSEMBLY, kinda like this unit https://www.theretrofitsource.com/honda-civic-xb-led-heads.html?carDisplay=2016+Honda+Civic+Sedan+(Halogen+Equipped)&preselect=&preselect_restrict=1 In this case the OEM TOURING LED HEADLIGHT ONLY requires a wire harness adapter, this unit here and the LED "drop in" bulbs above are plug and play using the existing wiring.

Your mechanic is describing using drop in replacement LED's, NOT the TOURING LED's that is likely what the dealer thought you where talking about because dealers only deal in OEM parts. Do you need the Touring LED housings, hell nah, you can do just fine replacing the halogen with an LED or HID.

Also both high beam and low beam bulbs are easily accessible on these cars, you don't need a mechanic to do this for you. and no replacing bulbs cannot void factory warranty, that part specifically would have to fail and then damage part of the car and the dealer would have to be able to prove the aftermarket lights where the cause of the issue to deny a warranty claim on an issue if one where to occur.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just replace your stock halogen low beam bulbs with something like these. They are plug and play. Not only will you have a brighter, wider beam but they also match the color of the drl's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XP24CN7/

Last edited:
OP
OP

captain2

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda 2020 civic ex
Country flag
thanks it is a honda civic ex2020 so should just reop in then

blancobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 LX sedan
Country flag
Swapping the factory halogen bulbs for LED 'bulbs' will make for a whiter, brighter looking beam. But the projector (low beam) and reflector (high beam) housings, shaped for the 360° output of the OE bulbs, will send more of that whiter, brighter looking LED light onto the foreground and less into the distance (reach). At lower speeds in areas lit by streetlights that can actually help the driver see objects (potholes, debris, etc) to aim for or avoid. But on dark highways at higher speeds the reduced reach and brighter foreground illumination (which causes the pupils to constrict) can keep the driver from seeing distant objects in time. In other words, the LED 'bulbs' look cooler and APPEAR brighter, but are in some situations less effective.

I'm no expert here but I've tried to learn as much as I can. For now I'm using Flösser brand halogen bulbs in the projectors. They're noticeably brighter than the OE Osrams and work well with the Civic's housing.
Sponsored

Last edited: