Halogen housing to LED housing swap (finally?)

honestabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Yikes, that's pricey. Will have to wait to snag a set from a junkyard or ebay. Aftermarket options are usually substandard

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The LED headlight assembly is around $450 a side. Quite possible to get this done for under a grand:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2017&catcgry3=4DR+TOUR&catcgry4=KACVT&catcgry5=HEADLIGHT+(LED)

I had almost considered the absence of LEDs a deal-breaker on the upcoming Si. But if this is in fact "plug and play" with OEM quality parts, I think this will end up being an incredibly popular option. Thanks for sharing OP.
I've read somewhere that there will be two trim levels for the SI; regular and Touring. I can't find the article that stated that though.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I've read somewhere that there will be two trim levels for the SI; regular and Touring. I can't find the article that stated that though.
Boy would that be nice... Although probably not the case (?) I would think if that were true, they'd show the Touring version during the reveal.

Have there been different trims for previous Si models, historically? Can't find anything on Google...

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Boy would that be nice... Although probably not the case (?) I would think if that were true, they'd show the Touring version during the reveal.

Have there been different trims for previous Si models, historically? Can't find anything on Google...
No, never. The only thing I can remember is the summer tire option.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

Yes, technically. They offer two EX equivalents on the previous generation Si's - one with navigation and one without.

It's a little different with the tenth gen. The EX has historically been the top trim on the Civic in previous years. I think Honda is trying to figure out whether they can offer an Si "Touring" with most of the features (sans the Sensing package and heated leather seats) without infringing on higher end models.

Last edited:

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag