Had her for 2 months!! 19’ si...Stupid lady in suburban SMFH USE YOUR MIRRORS LADY!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I always try to back in as well. Primarily because of the low front lips on my cars. I worry about damaging the lip if I pull in too far. Secondly for ease of pulling out.
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
20190530_091353.jpg
It was a female driver who hit me. Early 50's, talking about how she couldn't wait for the police because she was going to see Cher in Newark. Real Housewives of NJ type. Told her she would be making a big mistake if she left the scene of an accident. Oddly enough my dashcam did not capture the event. It was a very light hit really but still did damage. Scuffed up the wheel a bit and put a small gash is the sidewall of the tire. So I explained to her insurance(Allstate) that the tire pressure monitoring uses the ABS sensor and that replacing only a single tire would result in an error light since the rotational mass would be off. They agreed and replaced the opposite side tire too. Now I am having them rotated to put the new tires in the front.

23,800 miles on the rear tires and 0 miles on the front. Her insurance covered a rental car, a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan. It was nice to drive that for 2 weeks to see what it was like. Lousy on fuel economy (22-26mpg) but lots of usable room. I liked that the seats could fold into the floor. After a few days though I really missed my Civic. Headed to the dealer at noon to have the fuel/oil/a.c. update/tsb performed. 15% oil life left so the free oil change timing is nearly ideal. Only 8300 miles on this oil change.
I though we are supposed to put new tires in the rear and old tires in the front.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I though we are supposed to put new tires in the rear and old tires in the front.
Doh' ....... thankfully Mavis offers free tire rotation. I will have to make time to have them rotated to the rear again.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
As far as parking lots, there's what anyone thinks or wishes, and then there is traffic moving law.

There is a speed limit in parking lots, and it is very low. Anyone going fast in a parking lot is an idiot, :wave: breaking the law and asking for a fender bender.
On the other hand, the other kind of idiot :wave:who gets out of his/her space without the ability to see, thinking that this inability to see somehow gives him/her the right of way, is... well, an idiot as well. The rules are simple - if you can't make sure the way is free, you no go. If you are unsure, wait until they close the store and everybody around is gone..... Or get a friendly passer by to guide you if you must, but it's your problem and no one is obliged to stop for you. No, you can't force the right of way you don't have. Somehow, I never have this problem, although I almost never back into parking spaces. Maybe it's because I don't try to force anyone to be kind. The law and being nice are two different things. You can't require people to do you favors.

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
As far as parking lots, there's what anyone thinks or wishes, and then there is traffic moving law.

There is a speed limit in parking lots, and it is very low. Anyone going fast in a parking lot is an idiot, :wave: breaking the law and asking for a fender bender.
On the other hand, the other kind of idiot :wave:who gets out of his/her space without the ability to see, thinking that this inability to see somehow gives him/her the right of way, is... well, an idiot as well. The rules are simple - if you can't make sure the way is free, you no go. If you are unsure, wait until they close the store and everybody around is gone..... Or get a friendly passer by to guide you if you must, but it's your problem and no one is obliged to stop for you. No, you can't force the right of way you don't have. Somehow, I never have this problem, although I almost never back into parking spaces. Maybe it's because I don't try to force anyone to be kind. The law and being nice are two different things. You can't require people to do you favors.
Goes into store, comes out with 5 large trucks around his car, cannot see to get out of the parking spot, waits until store closes, 6 hours later, because no one will help him. :D LOL! Dude, respect goes both ways and your point is ridiculous. Pulling out or backing out slowly is just the way a person is going to have to do it because, you cannot control who parks around you. This is also why I park further out, regardless.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Goes into store, comes out with 5 large trucks around his car, cannot see to get out of the parking spot, waits until store closes, 6 hours later, because no one will help him. :D LOL! Dude, respect goes both ways and your point is ridiculous. Pulling out or backing out slowly is just the way a person is going to have to do it because, you cannot control who parks around you. This is also why I park further out, regardless.
That's exactly what you should do. Get out very slowly, make sure people see you, but if someone insist to go around you, you stop, not get angry and force them to stop. As I said, I never have this problem, because that's what I do and it works. Unfortunately, there are those who just boldly go out, because they can't see and so they are handicapped, and so they claim some privilege they don't have.

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
That's exactly what you should do. Get out very slowly, make sure people see you, but if someone insist to go around you, you stop, not get angry and force them to stop. As I said, I never have this problem, because that's what I do and it works. Unfortunately, there are those who just boldly go out, because they can't see and so they are handicapped, and so they claim some privilege they don't have.
And yet, no one in this thread has claimed to doing that and in fact, was going slow and the person driving down the lane was barreling through, according to the poster.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And yet, no one in this thread has claimed to doing that and in fact, was going slow and the person driving down the lane was barreling through, according to the poster.
Well, then see my post. Here we are dealing with an idiot of the first kind (speeding through a parking lot).

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
ouch.png

Here is the result of someone doing an improper lane change. $10K later she is all new.
Hey I had damage like that that resulted in gaps that didnt line up and too much bondo. Make sure you get all new replacement parts and little to no bondo. Also take the fender off and take picture of car underneath. It could be hiding some nasty crumpled metal.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
I don't understand why people don't back their car into a parking spot? I never ever park my car facing forward.
I hear ya bro. This is before I had a car with a backup camera.

I back into the space at my apartment because I had a neighbor with a little kid that would leave roughly the same time as me in the mornings. I'd greet them as he takes his baby to daycare. The kid usually follows behind the dad as he sets up to strap the kid into the seat. One day I was running a bit early. I see the dad get to his car like normal and didn't think about it. Checked my 6 and shifted to reverse. Then it dawned on me that I didn't see the baby. So I shifted back to park and got out of my car. There was the little kid, standing in the blind spot behind my car playing with a twig.

You can't write this stuff. I couldn't see the kid. He was so small that his head was well below my SUV's rear view mirror. Man, forget what would happen to me if I crushed his child, this family would've lost their only kid. Good golly no one comes back from that. I would've backed over the kid because the dad didn't have positive control of the baby.

I'd rather back into the parking space. Forget that noise. I'll take the "Oh, you can't indicate you're going forward" argument any day.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my brand new 2020 EX hatch for 3 days before it was T-boned. In the end, it was 2 months of work and over $17k in damages. Just got her back last Wednesday.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel your pain, man. had my 2020 EX hatch for less than 72 hours and I was t-boned. Got it back on Christmas Eve. Luckily insurance covered all $17k in damages.
Sponsored