First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I had some Tein Flex Z coilovers put on by my mechanic with very little experience with coilovers. I got to looking at all four corners of the car and something didn't look right. I grabbed my measuring tape, all four corners are different heights. I pulled my wheels off the front and both coilovers were at different heights from bottom of spring to collar. I adjusted height to the best I could on both sides to about an eighth of an inch of each other. The rear I could not adjust with out removing the spring, the collar and tube just turns in place because of the tension. So now I think I will take my car to a custom suspension shop and have all corners balanced, preload adjusted, and height adjusted properly. Moral of the story is do your research and have it done right the first time. I don't have any of the right tools or experience to do it myself.

Honda Civic 10th gen Had car lowered, and..... image000000_1588525644482
Sponsored

Michael's FC2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
Hey man it could have been alot worse... They could of f*d up your front Axel's like I did... LoL now that was a hefty bill to pay just for lowering springs. Like you said next time let the pros do it once and probably.