Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
The bad news is that after the low pressure indicator came on I discovered that I had a flat. Costco would fix the tire because they could be sure that the fix would meet the speed rating. Discount tire said the tire sidewall was damaged. The good news is that I had my full size spare. The better news was that Honda honored my tire and wheel insurance contract even though my tires and wheels are after market.

Even 19” tires are easily damaged. So, my insurance paid off. Not a bad show.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Plombhpa

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
What made Discount Tire say sidewall was damaged? Could you see bubbling?
There was no sign of damage that I could see but there was a bunch of powdery rubber inside. I dont know if it real or a sales gimmick.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
There was no sign of damage that I could see but there was a bunch of powdery rubber inside. I dont know if it real or a sales gimmick.
Driving on a flat tire lowers the integrity of the sidewall and increases the chances of a blowout. Most good tire places will not patch a tire that's been driven on flat. If you take it off immediately after coming to a stop, then they would patch it up as it's unlikely the tire's sidewall has weakened. Definitely not a sales gimmick.
Sponsored