NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Are you guys getting codes? I am still debating whether or not I should do this, since it seems like a good power upgrade. I have dealt with a Nissan Sentra SPEC V previously and know that dealing with the codes is an absolute nightmare. Are you guys running defoulers? What Brand. Is the RV6 combo as good as the PRL? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really want to be able to pass emissions and not have to worry about codes. At that point doesn't the Catless which is better, Louder and cheaper make more sense ?
Sponsored

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Are you guys getting codes? I am still debating whether or not I should do this, since it seems like a good power upgrade. I have dealt with a Nissan Sentra SPEC V previously and know that dealing with the codes is an absolute nightmare. Are you guys running defoulers? What Brand. Is the RV6 combo as good as the PRL? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really want to be able to pass emissions and not have to worry about codes. At that point doesn't the Catless which is better, Louder and cheaper make more sense ?
I believe its hit or miss with codes tbh, i have the PRL catted and it came with a defouler and as for what brand I think there’s no difference since its just a pipe. As for catless, i guess its preference, catted is a little louder but perfect for me, but from what ive hears its raspy

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Catted and yes I get codes in the winter (P0139, slow O2 response). Goes away in warmer weather. I have the downstream O2 sensor codes disabled with Ktuner now.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
But with the codes disabled, which I'm assuming is just as easy on the higher performance catless version to turn off. I take it that you will definitely not pass emissions with your codes turned off, how are you guys keeping your cars on the road ?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
But with the codes disabled, which I'm assuming is just as easy on the higher performance catless version to turn off. I take it that you will definitely not pass emissions with your codes turned off, how are you guys keeping your cars on the road ?
With the code disabled you might pass emissions. Depends if they do an exhaust sniffer or just scan the ECU for codes. Check your state testing rules.

Emissions was scrapped here in Ontario so it doesn't concern me either way.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
What are the rest of you doing about this issue then ?

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a prl catted dp and i used to get p0420 but turned that off along with p0139. I don’t have to smog my car for 8 years so I’ll deal with it when the time comes.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RV6 catted here. No codes here, and just passed Missouri emissions. Adjustable defouler, FTW.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a MAperformance catted downpipe and front pipe combo, I did get a code that popped up but I cleared it with Hondata by disabling the secondary O2 sensor. Other than that I've never had any issues with codes.
Sponsored