ryec98

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My exhaust started making this gurgly noise when idling today. I can't really identify any patterns of when it happens because it just started. It seems that when I first start the car after it's been sitting for a while, the sound doesn't happen. But then if I drive it a bit and then park somewhere, it happens. It's mostly out of the right side too. I don't know if it would have anything to do with the cold, but I didn't have any issue like this last winter. Anybody ever experience this or have any idea what the problem could be?

Btw it doesn't sound as loud and obnoxious in real life like it does in the video lol, but still concerning

Sponsored

OP
OP
ryec98

ryec98

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Check for rust/holes? Because if you're not running aftermarket which it doesn't look like, it sounds like you have a possible leak.
Yeah it's all stock. I'm taking it to the garage Friday morning so they can check out under it. I had a hole in the muffler of a car I had before and it seemed a lot different than what's happening now.. it ran normally but was just louder than it should've been. Whatever it is with the Civic, I just hope it doesn't cost me too much

Last edited: