gpcmangahas

First Name
Epi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well im in the city so every freackin light.
Lots of traffic too. So I idle a lot i guess because its messing up my exhaust.
Hi guys. I have the same issue also or I must say a concern with the gurgling sound coming from the right exhaust of my 2017 Honda Civic EXT.

It started at 400 miles when I noticed the gurgling noise.

I’m still on a “lady drive” brake-in period of the car, following the Honda recommended break-in procedure found in the user manual.

Does the gurgling noise affect if I haven’t driven the car in a long drive?

*I heard gurgling noise when the car is on idle only
*The noise is mostly coming from the right exhaust, but one time there is a very low noise coming from the left as well.

I need your advice guys.. thanks in advance

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T 2016
Hi, the issue actually stopped for me after I moved out of the place I lived back then. I live in southern Ontario where it's very humid and wet. Combine that with parking that's outside and I think there was some kind of moisture buildup.

Questions:

Do you park your car outside for the night and do you live in an area that's humid?
Do you do a lot of extended idling? For example at drive-through fast food places etc.
Did your gurgling start as soon as the weather started to get cold?

Looking back now and comparing it to this winter, I haven't experienced the issue this winter. I think it's because I stopped all the quick drive through visits to Mickey D's at night (long lines at night where I live).

Last edited:

gpcmangahas

First Name
Epi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi, the issue actually stopped for me after I moved out of the place I lived back then. I live in southern Ontario where it's very humid and wet. Combine that with parking that's outside and I think there was some kind of moisture buildup.

Questions:

Do you park your car outside for the night and do you live in an area that's humid?
Do you do a lot of extended idling? For example at drive-through fast food places etc.
Did your gurgling start as soon as the weather started to get cold?

Looking back now and comparing it to this winter, I haven't experienced the issue this winter. I think it's because I stopped all the quick drive through visits to Mickey D's at night (long lines at night where I live).
I noticed the gurgling sound last week, after I drove the car in a heavy rain followed by temperature drop down to 8 degrees F here in Alexandria, Louisiana.

It is the first time my car driven under the rain. Yes, gurgling started when the weather here got cold.

I parked the car outside with covered by roof only, not totally enclosed.

My 1-way driving time from home to work is 10 minutes/3.9 miles only a day. The only idling time is when I stopped at the traffic lights in the highway.

Marathon Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Sedan, 2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Less of a gurgle and more of a rumble... my muffler started rumbling at idle when warmed up. Temps are well below freezing where I live and this only started after giving my car a wash. Humidity is the likely culprit.

Bjackson

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Hi everyone, I've been hearing this gurgling noise come from the exhaust on my 2016 EX-T sedan only while idling, and it doesn't always happen. I've noticed that it tends to happen when I've recently driven it in snow / while it was snowing but I could be wrong about that. I've noticed the sound off and on for about 2 weeks now. Also, I'm from southern Ontario and the temperatures here right now are around -10 C (14 F) to +5 C (41F). I posted a video below of the noise from outside the car, but you can hear it from inside too as a gurgling noise. As you can see in the video, it seems to be coming from the right exhaust.

Do any of you have this issue as well or know what could be wrong?

My civic did the same thing a few months ago when it snowed , now my right tail Pipe seems to not produce as much exhaust as the left , like when it cool outside the left blow way more than the right

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
i think the gurgling noise might be related to your A-Noose Outlet point. Check for possible odor. Or A-Noose not closing properly. Should be visible with a mirror.
Sponsored