Gundo Exhaust Mod How Loud?

NoRice91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
How loud is the gundo exhaust mod? Only saw 2 videos of it and it was hard to tell. Also are there any negative impacts to having it partially bypassed?

Honda Civic 10th gen Gundo Exhaust Mod How Loud? Screenshot_20200610-201549_YouTube
Sponsored

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
here is mine. inside the car, it seems pretty quiet especially on highway speed no drone whatsoever. I cant even hear it when going on the tunnel even when revving it. I know there is an increase on the sound but just conservative enough from the stock. the video make seems loud but its not.

Honda Civic 10th gen Gundo Exhaust Mod How Loud? 20200628_145633

OP
OP

NoRice91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
here is mine. inside the car, it seems pretty quiet especially on highway speed no drone whatsoever. I cant even hear it when going on the tunnel even when revving it. I know there is an increase on the sound but just conservative enough from the stock. the video make seems loud but its not.

20200628_145633.jpg
Thanks for the reply. Sounds good. Is that a 2" pipe bypass? And do you have your resonator removed?

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that a 2" pipe bypass? And do you have your resonator removed?
Im not sure. It might be 2.5" but Im positive its 2 inch or greater. On the video the resonator was not removed but I just got it removed yesterday and again the increase in sound is just one step up. still no drone and I barely hear it on highway speed.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you don't intend to ever delete you cat with a catless downpipe, removing the resonator doesn't make much difference. It makes it slightly louder and you get some nice pops here n there. The cat still muffles most of the exhaust sound and keeps it fairly quite.

I was one of the first people to do this mod and played around with it quite a bit. Deleted the resonator and was satisfied until I did a catless downpipe. With the catless downpipe the exhaust was unbelievably raspy, particularly on mid throttle and full throttle. The fix ended up being a vibrant ultra quiet 2.5 inch resonator. This was my favorite sound, before switching to a Type R exhaust. It sounded quite deep, pretty tame inside, but on the outside the car was louder and sounded really good. I got loads of compliments from so many people on how good the car sound, it was very different than any exhaust out there, and I've heard many.

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
If you don't intend to ever delete you cat with a catless downpipe, removing the resonator doesn't make much difference. It makes it slightly louder and you get some nice pops here n there. The cat still muffles most of the exhaust sound and keeps it fairly quite.

I was one of the first people to do this mod and played around with it quite a bit. Deleted the resonator and was satisfied until I did a catless downpipe. With the catless downpipe the exhaust was unbelievably raspy, particularly on mid throttle and full throttle. The fix ended up being a vibrant ultra quiet 2.5 inch resonator. This was my favorite sound, before switching to a Type R exhaust. It sounded quite deep, pretty tame inside, but on the outside the car was louder and sounded really good. I got loads of compliments from so many people on how good the car sound, it was very different than any exhaust out there, and I've heard many.
Not a fan of raspy exhaust at all but I guess that is what you get when you have a 4 banger thats why I opted for a catted down pipe and did something similar to the gundo mod that has a valve that controls the muffler "bypass" havent installed downpipe yet but car sounds nice and isnt loud has nice grumble and burbles on decel and sounds nice will have to see though once downpipe and frontpipe are in.
Sponsored