Gundo Exhaust Bypass Process/Cost

NoRice91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Whats a ballpark price that a muffler shop might charge to have this done? Also do they have to take the exhaust off to cut out holes in the pipe for the bypass pipes to weld into or can it all be done on a lift without removing anything?

Honda Civic 10th gen Gundo Exhaust Bypass Process/Cost Screenshot_20200610-201549_YouTube
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Whats a ballpark price that a muffler shop might charge to have this done? Also do they have to take the exhaust off to cut out holes in the pipe for the bypass pipes to weld into or can it all be done on a lift without removing anything?

Screenshot_20200610-201549_YouTube.jpg
if you’re bypassing the mufflers, why leave all the extra weight of the mufflers in place? As well as introducing all the extra turbulence to the exhaust stream.

i‘d just delete the mufflers altogether rather than a setup like this.

OP
OP

NoRice91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
if you’re bypassing the mufflers, why leave all the extra weight of the mufflers in place? As well as introducing all the extra turbulence to the exhaust stream.

i‘d just delete the mufflers altogether rather than a setup like this.
Thanks for the reply. I dont a muffler delete due to the car being a daily driver and also for state laws requiring mufflers. The gundo bypass is supposed to make it sound basically stock and low rpms and loud at higher rpms when the exhaust gasses bypass the muffler. I did wonder about turbulence though, others say they havent noticed any but not sure.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You wanna save money? Here's a "gundo" option. Sounds great above 3k rpm.

Honda Civic 10th gen Gundo Exhaust Bypass Process/Cost IMG_1479.JPG
Sponsored