sherryjenix

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
I posted these instructions as a reply to another thread, but I thought it'd be helpful to post the instructions as a thread as well:

"I had to make a new Apple ID. Trying to change the region on your current one is a bitch. They tell you to unsubscribe to anything (Apple Music/etc) if you want to change your region, but even if you do, it'll still give you that prompt that you can't change your region.

So,
1. Make a new Apple ID. Have the country set to France.
2. Log into your new Apple ID on your iPhone.
3. Go to App Store. Should be able to see the LogR app from there.
4. Try to download. It'll prompt you to sign into your Apple ID again. Then, you'll have to review your information (agree to privacy policy, add an address and phone number). I gave a fake address and phone number.
5. After verifying information, you should be able to download and install LogR.

***Note - You won't lose any of your current apps/data if you switch Apple IDs on your phone.
Also, it seems this app only works on 2020 Type Rs, none of the older models.

Not sure if it happened to the others, but it took a while for it to load the "review your information" page on my phone. Just give it time to load I guess."

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Installing Honda LogR app (not in EU) on iOS IMG_3940.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Installing Honda LogR app (not in EU) on iOS IMG_3950.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Installing Honda LogR app (not in EU) on iOS IMG_3947.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Installing Honda LogR app (not in EU) on iOS IMG_3948.PNG

OP
OP
sherryjenix

sherryjenix

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good job Sherry. Too bad, it's not backwards compatible.
Yeah, really unfortunate it doesn't work with the older models. I'm sure someone will come up with a solution though lol

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Yeah, really unfortunate it doesn't work with the older models. I'm sure someone will come up with a solution though lol
I was able to download the app from the App Store last week. But the app doesn't show up on CarPlay. Is it because mine is a 2017, so it doesn't even appear on the CarPlay screen?

OP
OP
sherryjenix

sherryjenix

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to download the app from the App Store last week. But the app doesn't show up on CarPlay. Is it because mine is a 2017, so it doesn't even appear on the CarPlay screen?
Hm, from what I've heard, the app will still show up, but since the 17-19 models don't have oil temp sensor, etc., you won't get the numbers. It should still show up on CarPlay though.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Pretty certain the 2020 does not have a dedicated oil temp sensor either..

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Probably not a dedicated oil temp sensor, just one that gets read by the app.
My understanding is that the oil ā€œtemperatureā€ is extrapolated from the oil pressure for which the car does have a sensor. In other words the oil temp is only an estimated value.

Mcsinc

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 S2000, 2018 CTR CW CTR
Country flag
In my ā€˜18, I just get a Honda icon. Not the LogR icon like the pictures above.
iPhone XR with iOS 13.7. Will update to 14.0 tonight.

For some reason, thiugh, my CarPlay only works for about 5-7 minutes before I get a black screen with ā€œlost connectionā€ notice ...

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
Itā€™s interesting some donā€™t have the app in CarPlay while others do. The app does t show in my settings or CarPlay settings either on iOS 14. Very strange.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Itā€™s interesting some donā€™t have the app in CarPlay while others do. The app does t show in my settings or CarPlay settings either on iOS 14. Very strange.
My suspicion is that when adding a car to CarPlay, there is a difference between 17-18 and 19-21 civic head units. So certain functions will not show up on the earlier version of the earlier version.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
My suspicion is that when adding a car to CarPlay, there is a difference between 17-18 and 19-21 civic head units. So certain functions will not show up on the earlier version of the earlier version.
It shouldnā€™t impact it not appearing on the iPhone itself and others with 17-19 have it working.
Sponsored