First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see there's two input wires for the ECT2 port on the Civic, and there's two voltage outputs from the converter. Do these just line up with each other (if so, which signal goes to which input for the ECT2) or is each voltage output the same signal, perhaps one for sending to the ECU and another for an ethanol content gauge? If they're the same signal, do both need to go to the ECT2 port or just one? And if it is just one voltage output to the port, then what other wire needs to go to it (I see there's two wires going to the port plugging into the ECT2).

Garyd85gt

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
One wire is input from converter the other is ground, the yellow wire in ktuner converter goes to input on ect2

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those asking for a wiring diagram, this is what I've got from my understanding with the Ktuner converter. Let me know if y'all notice anything wrong.

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner 20191207_165643

bamboka

First Name
jatyfa bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Country flag
You will need to depin the plug for the flex fuel sensor. Looking at the front, you will see a purple cover. Use a small flat head and pop it off from each side. Kodi nox

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those asking for a wiring diagram, this is what I've got from my understanding with the Ktuner converter. Let me know if y'all notice anything wrong.

20191207_165643.jpg
Only one wire runs to the ECT sensor pigtail, and it comes from the KTuner FFC / VOUT1.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know, I'll have to fix that after I take it off before I sell it.

Gnvanny

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installation is officially complete. She pulls so well in all rpm range. I just need a flex fuel badge now.

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si-sold, 1999 crv-sold, 2014 crv, 2017 civic si
Country flag
Im confused, if i get this kit what else do i need? 2 fuel line clamps for the flex fuel sensor, the pin and wiring? but no other parts?
http://a.co/bruW8N8

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si-sold, 1999 crv-sold, 2014 crv, 2017 civic si
Country flag
I mean all a flex fuel kit is is an ethanol sensor, signal converter, some wiring, and a tune.
So the kit is complete aside from attaching it to a car with plugs and harnesses not meant to for the application?
And then a pnp is just ready to go with everything neat and tidy for the install.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a kit, but it also uses ECT2 for readings. Be aware, it looks like the OBD2 Evap Self Checks/tests may not run without an ECT2 Reading. It will yield a Not Ready Status on inspections.
Some places allow one. Few allow two or more. So if you have an O2 Disable too, you may not pass inspections.
Worse still, it's a ? PITA to get our Civics to complete a drive cycle that clears the Evap System. So, while COVIDling and racking low miles it takes either a concerted effort or weeks to have Evap Ready.
I'm eventually going to run a pigtail up from ECT2, have a pair of fuses to split the line right under the hood, and two wires run down the same pigtail to dual plugs. I'll be able to leave both eth/ect2 plugged in, and a few weeks before annual inspection, swap the fuse from one spot to the other. Also a quicker way to return to factory tune.

exlhpstudent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2020
Country flag
I broke both of the clips that hold the fuel line to the chasis.
Any one know the part number for them?
Thanks
Sponsored