OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner upload_2017-11-22_17-36-2-

You can clearly see the release clip on the blue plug( color will vary from model )

you must be looking at something else.
Sponsored

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
upload_2017-11-22_17-36-2-png.png

You can clearly see the release clip on the blue plug( color will vary from model )

As you can see from my picture my connector looks nothing like your blue one. Mine is constructed differently.
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner image

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
The only plug i see in your picture is for the horn

the plug is on the side of the radiator... find your lower radiator hose on the radiator then look above it on the side as shown on the picture

As you can see from my picture my connector looks nothing like your blue one. Mine is constructed differently.
image.jpg

Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only plug i see in your picture is for the horn

the plug is on the side of the radiator... find your lower radiator hose on the radiator then look above it on the side as shown on the picture
Isn't that a white plug in the side of the radiator in the center of the picture just to right and bottom of the horn?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I can't see it from the picture.. you need to take the undertray off and take a picture from the back side. The ECT2 sensor is white. the plug could be black or blue with 2 wires running into it
Isn't that a white plug in the side of the radiator in the center of the picture just to right and bottom of the horn?

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I looked at a youtube video with the front bumper off and saw where the ECT2 connector was in relationship with the horn and saw it was much further right than the white plastic thing I showed in my photo. I looked through the vent and saw my real ECT2 connector. It was like the picture you show. I will try to get better pictures and post them later.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is a picture where the true ECT2 connector is. The first picture is the best view of the connector and the second is the best view of where it is. Sorry about the shadows of the grill.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I don't get it. I told you to remove the undertray to access to it but you keep trying to access it from the front vent hole

you can't miss it if you take the tray off and locate the lower radiator hose that goes into the radiator.

That looks like the plug in the picture but i cant say since it's not a clear picture

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't get it. I told you to remove the undertray to access to it but you keep trying to access it from the front vent hole

you can't miss it if you take the tray off and locate the lower radiator hose that goes into the radiator.

That looks like the plug in the picture but i cant say since it's not a clear picture
I haven't tried to access it from the bottom since my previous posts yet. I just shot a picture of it to correct the picture I shot yesterday and posted. Just trying to clean up the previous misleading post. I did try to access it from the bottom yesterday and that was when I gave up and started posting. I think I had my hand on the proper connector yesterday morning and if I knew where to press the release clip I could have pulled it off. Seeing it from the grill I know exactly where to press now.

Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally was able to get the ECT2 connector off. As dc2turbo said, I had to remove the aluminum bottom pan to get my right arm and hand at a good angle to press the release clip and pull the connector off. I had a lot of trouble getting the car high enough to access the center of the car to get the pan off without a jack or jack stands.

I thought the kit was faulty that I got from TSP as the ethanol percentage was not what I was expecting. With support from TSP, I finally figured out that E85 here in Houston was really E60. All good now!

Last edited:

Streetthrowback

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type r
Country flag
Does anyone know for the ones that have ctr and trying to put together there own flex fuel kit, do we also connect it to the ect2?

slicksta637

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Does anyone know for the ones that have ctr and trying to put together there own flex fuel kit, do we also connect it to the ect2?
If you use hondata yes. My problem is that I get a strange reading and need support on how to adjust the ethanol reading to be accurate.

slicksta637

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Here is my setup
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner upload_2019-5-6_10-17-8

Can hondata or so one chime in on why I get a 51 percent ethanol when I haven’t filled it with E85 yet. How do I calibrate the system using Hondata software

slicksta637

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
what sensor did you get? I am going with a continental branded sensor for a GM vehicle, after that, pigtail, converter, fuel line fittings I am at 171 shipped plus I forgot what I spent on loom and pins.

That's what I did, instead of a whole new plug I just bought pins that I HOPE were the right ones to fit into the factory plug so I can re-pin it with the signal wire from the converter
How did the contenintal unit work out? I have been getting a strange ethanol content and may be connecting to the wrong sensor. I’ll double check but did u have issues with your install?

Streetthrowback

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type r
Country flag
If you use hondata yes. My problem is that I get a strange reading and need support on how to adjust the ethanol reading to be accurate.
Same here, I just finished installing the flex fuel kit on my fk8, on the flash pro guage it reads 15% ethanol and on the zeitronix it reads 10% ethanol, does anyone know why that is? kinda confused as to why they read differently
Sponsored