1.5T Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally got this all hooked up, ktuner is reading about 30%, thats with 4 gal e85 and 6.5 gal 91 from Shell gas
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally got this all hooked up, ktuner is reading about 30%, thats with 4 gal e85 and 6.5 gal 91 from Shell gas
Nice, have you updated your tune to take advantage of the better fuel you now have in your tank?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
so what you do is edit the ethanol ignition table and ethanol boost table. I don't remember the exact name of the table but if you look in the drop down you will know what I am talking about. you do not put what you want to target, just what you want to add. so if you are on the 21psi starter and want to target 24 you would need to have that table at 3 psi. BUT in the flex fuel settings under all the different ethanol percentages you put the percentage of the table you want to add. I have mine adding 30% of the table for 25% ethanol, I have the table adding 4.5psi of boost so at that point in the map if I would be targeting 20psi and am running e2 it adds 30% of my ethanol table and I now target 21.5.

another example, if you were targeting 15 psi on the base map, 10 psi on the ethanol boost map, and 50% setting under psi adj. % for 37% ethanol. If you run e37 you would target 20 psi (15psi base pluse 50% of the ethanol boost target).

of course I don't think until after I write all that but they have it written on their help page online as well.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/flex_fuel_tuning_4.htm?ms=QgEIASA=&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I think 21 starter
Have you upgraded your clutch yet? The stock clutch is going to take a lot of abuse with the E85. Probably won't take much to slip it

Last edited:

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@dc2turbo if it’s not too much, could you provide a basic wire diagram of how it’s all suppose to come together? Even if you have to use Paint to make it. Thanks!

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
@dc2turbo if it’s not too much, could you provide a basic wire diagram of how it’s all suppose to come together? Even if you have to use Paint to make it. Thanks!
Just saw this. There's only 3 wires if you using the parts I used.

Power
Ground
Ethanol output to ect2

HondadSi

First Name
austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Ok so i bought dcturbos e85 kit. I am trying to figure out if its sending the info to the ect2. I want to make sure i habe the single pin in the correct place and that the ecu is getting the e85 content. Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Ok so i bought dcturbos e85 kit. I am trying to figure out if its sending the info to the ect2. I want to make sure i habe the single pin in the correct place and that the ecu is getting the e85 content. Any help would be much appreciated.
I told you to do a datalog to see if it gets an ethanol reading. If it does then it's working.

R4y30n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is there any benefit to adding ethanol sensing to a car that will never see E85? Does premium in the US vary enough in ethanol content to matter?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there any benefit to adding ethanol sensing to a car that will never see E85? Does premium in the US vary enough in ethanol content to matter?
Nope

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, I'll try and hook it up soon. It actually took me a few attempts to find that ect2 plug though, I jacked up the car, took out the under cover etc. and I couldn't ever find it because it didn't look blue like the one in the photo, but the location looked the same, then I realized how much hell it would've been to work in that area, so I popped off the faux vent.
How did you pop off the faux vent? My connector looks white. I tried to get it from underneath but failed to pull it off the sensor. I couldn't feel a release clip or button.
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner image
Sponsored