1.5T Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I tried for a minute releasing those tabs on that black clip so I could get the slack and I had no way ever of doing it. I did finally manage to release the bottom one and tip it out at the bottom but kept clicking the bottom tab back in when trying for the top...
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried for a minute releasing those tabs on that black clip so I could get the slack and I had no way ever of doing it. I did finally manage to release the bottom one and tip it out at the bottom but kept clicking the bottom tab back in when trying for the top...
There are a couple of clips in there but one that helped me out the most was the one that was 2 or 3 inches long, mounted vertically. I squeezed the tabs with a short pair of needle nose pliers and it popped out.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I was just using a pick to get the tabs, I usually rock one side out at a time but I also usually have access to it with both hands. I could barely get my hand in there and keep my eyes on what I was doing at the same time. tomorrow I will be back under there installing that plug.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
A picture reference of the parts for someone wanting to make their AN fuel line. When it's not so cold out. I will make a guide on it
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner upload_2017-12-12_17-11-33

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally found the ECT2 plug, I think. But it's green and brown. And plugged into the radiator... Any advice?
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to DIY Flex Fuel Kit for Hondata or KTuner 1513381611886539525317

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally found the ECT2 plug, I think. But it's green and brown. And plugged into the radiator... Any advice?
1513381611886539525317.jpg
That's the one. Mine was that color too.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Hmm weird , didnt know it changes color from model to model.

if you are looking at the plug, It's the right wire( Green )

Did you take the bumper off?

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any tips for removing the fuel return hose? I will be attempting my flex fuel upgrade tomorrow. Messy job? Fuel leak?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Any tips for removing the fuel return hose? I will be attempting my flex fuel upgrade tomorrow. Messy job? Fuel leak?
It's not too messy, just have a rag or paper towel to soak up the gas.
I would let the car sit for at least 10min let the pressure die down a little. Not sure if it actually does or not. So it's up to you if you want to do that but I wouldn't want gas dripping down on a hot exhaust

It's the fuel feed line and its pretty straight forward. squeeze the green tabs in and pull the line off

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not a return hose. Its the main fuel feed line. There is no return line on this car.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm weird , didnt know it changes color from model to model.

if you are looking at the plug, It's the right wire( Green )

Did you take the bumper off?
I'll try the green one then, I took off the faux vent on the passenger side, you can just pry it out but there's one pop out tab you have to reach your hand in to get before you can fully take it off.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll try the green one then, I took off the faux vent on the passenger side, you can just pry it out but there's one pop out tab you have to reach your hand in to get before you can fully take it off.
I did that once without removing the bumper. Not a fun task. I took off the bumper next time I needed to get to the fog light assembly.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Dang, I'm jealous of that. So much easier then jacking up the car!
If you are looking at the plug and the push tab is at the top. The wire to tap will be on the right

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dang, I'm jealous of that. So much easier then jacking up the car!
If you are looking at the plug and the push tab is at the top. The wire to tap will be on the right
Thanks, I'll try and hook it up soon. It actually took me a few attempts to find that ect2 plug though, I jacked up the car, took out the under cover etc. and I couldn't ever find it because it didn't look blue like the one in the photo, but the location looked the same, then I realized how much hell it would've been to work in that area, so I popped off the faux vent.
Sponsored